2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’d need to be cautious about selling him. If he continues to bag 15-20 goals a season his price tag is definitely north of £50million and there aren’t too many 20 goal a season strikers about.
I've a feeling the decision to sell might be more to do with an offer too good to turn down, him wanting away, or just plain old needing to balance the books.

No one seems to have silly money bar a couple of clubs, so I suspect he's staying put.

Absolute nonsense
A) He’s worth more than 50m easily (see Sancho at 70odd unproven in the league, Van De Beek at 40odd, Ben White at £50m for a solid not spectacular CB), this is a lad who was pushing for the golden boot until our collapse in the final months.
B) Why would anyone leave us to join Arsenal right now? Their last big profile signings came from Brighton, Sheffield United, France (Pepe) and some Chelsea retirees unless I’m forgetting anyone…
Nobody leaves a top half team to go to Arsenal nowadays!

Cant see us selling him unless a 80mill offer comes in. Really hope we dont as one hes only getting better and two Brands having 80mill to spend terrifies me.

I now don't want to see any of our true first 11 and maybe 3 others leave the club. they've all done fine under Benitez. The wasters from last year are now mostly gone, ignored or consigned to being blown out when contracts end.

As for DCL, I'd hoped we were past the days when a bigger club can just nick our top performers and true stars with little we can do about it, although I know if 80-100m does get bid for him he'll be gone.

The only thing that'd make me more comfortable with this is if I knew it would not be another Lukaku job, where we don't replace him.

I'd be happy-ish if we got the rumoured 100m for DCL and paid the rumoured 40m for say Martial, I know he's not flavour of the month over there at present but he's a proven goal scorer and he would be great with how we're playing now, he is a very decent player and has a lot to prove.

Far better than bringing another Tosun in surely.

Last few games have shown how important he is to us

Wouldn't sell him for anything less than 100m given his age
Really like him. But he's missing a few of them Townsend/Gray goals barrelling down on goal v the keeper. Including last game.

But that aside need him back to tap in them delicious crosses into the box.

In a front 3 he's our best striker in a front 2 he forms a deadly partnership with Richarlison. I was one of his supporters even when he was struggling but I didn't think he would quite have enough to be a first pick number 9 in a top 6 club. He's proven me wrong and I actually think there might be more to come. I think he could definitely be a 30 goal a season striker. I just hope we can keep hold as although people say he isn't good enough for City I think he is and if they don't get their primary targets in the summer they may come sniffing. I know some will say he doesn't suit their style well that might be so but the best players change theirs to match what is around them.

Wouldn't sell him full stop. If we have any hope of finishing higher up the league, then keeping hold of a young goal scoring forward like DCL is a must. Even if they offered 80M+, realistically how can we replace him? Cant see it happening.

He a pure professional, always looking to improve and becoming a steady top Premiership player. We have to keep unless someone put a silly offer in.

Wouldn't sell him full stop. If we have any hope of finishing higher up the league, then keeping hold of a young goal scoring forward like DCL is a must. Even if they offered 80M+, realistically how can we replace him? Cant see it happening.
I think some say he is not worth £80m+. But how much does a 20 goal a season striker cost?
We would have to spend all that to replace him, and then what player worth that is going to choose us? we would have to get lucky in getting a cheaper option.

I think some say he is not worth £80m+. But how much does a 20 goal a season striker cost?
We would have to spend all that to replace him, and then what player worth that is going to choose us? we would have to get lucky in getting a cheaper option.

Put it into perspective, Spurs are after 160 to 200 mill for Kane, is he twice as good as DCL, i don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.