2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Potter took him into the Brighton team he'd probably score around a goal a game with the chances they create...same with City.

With Benitez' (no) defence first policy i dont think hes going to relish it in comparison.

Our strength is with our attacking players like DCL, Richarlison, Gray and also Townsend and Doucoure.

Surely we should be on the front foot...
One thing the club could do to bring me back round in the short term is make this guy club captain. He speaks really well, has become a leader and can never ever question his attitude, commitment and love for the club.

Wouldn’t fancy playing in Rafael’s anti football style though - lonely furrow ploughed up front, no support and fans blaming you for not scoring 30 a season.

Unless there is some major surgery on this squad soon it’s starting to feel like him and Richarlison will go. I couldn’t blame them, they’re head and shoulders above the rest. We don’t look anywhere near finishing in European places and that’s the minimum we need to have a hope of keeping these guys.

Only Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United and West Ham have outscored us this season. When he's back, things will get much better but it's shocking how reliant we are on him and Richarlison.

Only Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United and West Ham have outscored us this season. When he's back, things will get much better but it's shocking how reliant we are on him and Richarlison.

Yes, its the top 5 currently. However, now Arsenal are in sync and Leicester also had a poor start i dont think its long until were the 8th highest at best.

Also, with the total defensive shambles taking place I think Benitez will have us crawling further into a defensive shell which would bring our attacking play down.

All conjecture and guesswork of course but i think Potter and one or two other teams would have DCL scoring a large number more than the current style we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.