2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, being abusive to players online because you didn’t get your shot of weekend feel good entitlement has consequences. They’re paid enough to handle it doh lad aren’t they?

You know who you are, and your absence is noted in this thread right now.

Well done that stood by DCL on here for being *checks notes* a talented number 9 for Everton who also happens to be compassionate, expressive. And braver than those who condemn him.
Great post.

He said that taking therapy literally saved his life, which suggests that he came close to taking his own life.

And some of his detractors on here say he doesn’t care.

Dom is one of the best all-round centre-forwards in the Premier League and until his injury woes he was our leading goal-scorer season after season.

He has also just scored the goal that guaranteed our safety, a brave diving header of which even the great Andy Gray would be proud.

What I’m most proud of him about is that he spoke openly about his mental illness and he encouraged others in the same boats to seek medical help.

Conditions like depression can hit anyone, however wealthy or successful or adored they are. Just look at the great Gary Speed.

Dom raising awareness of it is so brave and so powerful. When the heavyweight champion of the world spoke openly about his anxiety condition and having to sleep the light on it removed the taboo around anxiety. Men with anxiety no longer regarded themselves as weak. After all, if the most macho man in the world can be afflicted by it anyone can be.
Brilliant post.

Hes one of our best players and Ive seen fans saying they'd drive him to Arsenal. Honestly some of our 'fans' dont deserve nice things.

A fully fit and settled front three of him Richy and Gordon could terrorise next season with a more creative midfield.

There's a very toxic element to this fanbase that needs eradicating

Hes one of our best players and Ive seen fans saying they'd drive him to Arsenal. Honestly some of our 'fans' dont deserve nice things.

A fully fit and settled front three of him Richy and Gordon could terrorise next season with a more creative midfield.
Unfortunately there is no more creative midfield next season without selling for large sums of money.

There's a very toxic element to this fanbase that needs eradicating
Yep. You only have to go back a few pages in this thread to see the pack mentality, super blues piling in on any poster who supported him. Telling others that the reason why he wasn't bagging every game is because he can't simultaneously be at the front post, the back post and in the middle and that's "poor movement".

Get some creativity in the team and he'll thrive.

Some were saying we'd struggle to get £20m for him and we should be snapping hands off for that...

A young, goalscoring, English centre forward with the best leap in the league?

Yep. You only have to go back a few pages in this thread to see the pack mentality, super blues piling in on any poster who supported him. Telling others that the reason why he wasn't bagging every game is because he can't simultaneously be at the front post, the back post and in the middle and that's "poor movement".

Get some creativity in the team and he'll thrive.
Ironically, given some of the invective, I think they're all back in their respective DCL hating closets.

His winner at Palace will be in legend forever, and I think generally he improved in the final few games compared to what he showed prior.

My biggest concern is that although individually Richarlison and DCL are great players, they’re ineffective when on the pitch together.

This started halfway through last season, and the whole play between them doesn’t look fluid at all.

I’d love to be proven wrong but I think as a team we’d be better off if one of them moved on to try and get a better overall attack.

Having individual stars can be great but it hasn’t worked for us despite their “value”. Whether that’s Richy or Dom going, change might be needed for us to improve.

His winner at Palace will be in legend forever, and I think generally he improved in the final few games compared to what he showed prior.

My biggest concern is that although individually Richarlison and DCL are great players, they’re ineffective when on the pitch together.

This started halfway through last season, and the whole play between them doesn’t look fluid at all.

I’d love to be proven wrong but I think as a team we’d be better off if one of them moved on to try and get a better overall attack.

Having individual stars can be great but it hasn’t worked for us despite their “value”. Whether that’s Richy or Dom going, change might be needed for us to improve.

Richarlison for me has to stay - he seems to love the club and really "gets" what it is to be an Evertonian.

Reminds me a lot of Cahill in that regard.

DCL seems a nice lad but with his injuries I fear he'll pick muscle niggles up particularly with our shoddy medical department.

If we offloaded him for £60-65 million we'll make a near total profit on the books which will give Lampard the greenlight to revamp the squad with 4-5 good level signings.

For me DCL has to be the one sacrificed especially if Lampard's team moving forward isn't banging crosses into the box for the striker to attack.

Richarlison for me has to stay - he seems to love the club and really "gets" what it is to be an Evertonian.

Reminds me a lot of Cahill in that regard.

DCL seems a nice lad but with his injuries I fear he'll pick muscle niggles up particularly with our shoddy medical department.

If we offloaded him for £60-65 million we'll make a near total profit on the books which will give Lampard the greenlight to revamp the squad with 4-5 good level signings.

For me DCL has to be the one sacrificed especially if Lampard's team moving forward isn't banging crosses into the box for the striker to attack.

I think Richie will leave possibly abroad to Spain rather than stay here even though as you remark that lhe ikes our club. If he goes then for me must keep DCL. So it is not a question of who to sacrifice but who can we persuade to stay.

Last edited:

I have the same thought. I think with both of them on the pitch, it seems to work better if we lunge long ball - and that's why we are often better against stronger teams; because DCL knocks the ball down for Richy and it instantly turn into an attack. I personally think we could fix it by improving our midfield and defense. Our midfield, most of the time, are ineffective in both defense and attack - in fact, this seasons, we rarely see our midfielders creating any key chances.

However, if there needs to be a choice between DCL or Richy, I would prefer Richy to stay, because I feel we still need to work extra hard to earn a goal; and Richy could get us those.

I have the same thought. I think with both of them on the pitch, it seems to work better if we lunge long ball - and that's why we are often better against stronger teams; because DCL knocks the ball down for Richy and it instantly turn into an attack. I personally think we could fix it by improving our midfield and defense. Our midfield, most of the time, are ineffective in both defense and attack - in fact, this seasons, we rarely see our midfielders creating any key chances.

However, if there needs to be a choice between DCL or Richy, I would prefer Richy to stay, because I feel we still need to work extra hard to earn a goal; and Richy could get us those.
That's where we missed Siggurdson and James this season. It's also why I think some are advocating incorporating Deli next season and many are wanting Frank to revamp the midfield as a priority. The difference Delph made in protecting the back line was stark. Hopefully we can replace him and then add some creativity, be it Deli or a replacement, in which case a fit DCL scores goals. He's proved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.