2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean I just watched Callum Wilson get MoM and terrorise Arsenal on his first start in 5 months..

I watched Coleman come back and play a very good game of football for 90 minutes, this was the first game back after a near career ending injury. Even running the full length of the field in the 90th minute.

Just because one player can come back from injury in one way does not mean the next player to suffer the same or similar injury will do the same.

Maybe the phyisos/doctors are at fault, maybe Calvert-Lewin is not Wilson and therefore his body reacts differently to certain kinds of injuries. As somebody said, it is also about the need for players to come back in, where we were we needed goals, a striker who got 20 goals the previous will be seen as somebody who you desperately want in the side. Newcastle have been more or less safe for a while, if they were in the same situation as us, WIlson may have been forced to come back a little early and you would not necessarily see a MOTM performance, but more like a 55/60 minute average performance.

Therefore, it is very unfair to comment too much on Calvert-Lewin's form in the last 6 months as we really don't know exactly how fit he has been in the games he has played in.

People are too quick to jump on an opinion [as fact] without considering that there might, just might be circumstances that they do not know about.

Do I believe that Calvert-Lewin has pushed on from last season, definitely not, am I willing to give him the benefit of doubt, for the time being? I think that is a given considering that he has been in and out of the squad for the entire season.

I watched Coleman come back and play a very good game of football for 90 minutes, this was the first game back after a near career ending injury. Even running the full length of the field in the 90th minute.

Just because one player can come back from injury in one way does not mean the next player to suffer the same or similar injury will do the same.

Maybe the phyisos/doctors are at fault, maybe Calvert-Lewin is not Wilson and therefore his body reacts differently to certain kinds of injuries. As somebody said, it is also about the need for players to come back in, where we were we needed goals, a striker who got 20 goals the previous will be seen as somebody who you desperately want in the side. Newcastle have been more or less safe for a while, if they were in the same situation as us, WIlson may have been forced to come back a little early and you would not necessarily see a MOTM performance, but more like a 55/60 minute average performance.

Therefore, it is very unfair to comment too much on Calvert-Lewin's form in the last 6 months as we really don't know exactly how fit he has been in the games he has played in.

People are too quick to jump on an opinion [as fact] without considering that there might, just might be circumstances that they do not know about.

Do I believe that Calvert-Lewin has pushed on from last season, definitely not, am I willing to give him the benefit of doubt, for the time being? I think that is a given considering that he has been in and out of the squad for the entire season.
Spot on!
A better comparison than Wilson with DCL is Bamford. Just can't get back to fitness properly this season, was rushed back, out again, and more importantly Leeds fans don't slate him for it

Thought he was much better against Brentford. Won a lot of flick ons and caused problems in the air. Even the ones he didn’t win, his presence meant it was hard for Brentford’s back line to cleanly head the ball away. Hoping that will have boosted his confidence for tomorrow. A forward line of him, Richarlison and Gordon or Gray will hopefully cause Palace problems.

Thought he was much better against Brentford. Won a lot of flick ons and caused problems in the air. Even the ones he didn’t win, his presence meant it was hard for Brentford’s back line to cleanly head the ball away. Hoping that will have boosted his confidence for tomorrow. A forward line of him, Richarlison and Gordon or Gray will hopefully cause Palace problems.
Yeah, prior to going a man down he was looking the sharpest he’s looked all season.

I’m hesitant to pile on the criticism on him for this season. Clearly has struggled massively with the injury, and we don’t seem to have managed his return to fitness too well.

The biggest and most rewarding thing we could do this transfer window is sort out our fitness and medical department imo. Refuse to believe our injury woes this season is just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.