2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest i stopped reading about 2nd paragraph down. You are jumping to all these conclusions but i think its as simple as this. The centre forward role is crucial in most teams. But esp when you dont have one in a relegation fight and some of his performances he hasnt been at it. Even if he isnt at it he could put himself about and whack a few centre backs.
Its frustration amongst fans And i think thats all it is.
Shame people's concentration and interest in others opinions doesn't last longer.....

Could make for more constructive/ interesting and informed exchanges.

But this is afterall a football forum. You keep it simple...

Shame people's concentration and interest in others opinions doesn't last longer.....

Could make for more constructive/ interesting and informed exchanges.

But this is afterall a football forum. You keep it simple...

Nothing to do with concentration or interest. The gist of his post was very clear. And i stopped reading at "im not even sure its racism" when his original post was clearly insinuating it was the colour of his skin.

The last 30 seconds for instance at Leicester on Sunday, we're desperate not to give them a final chance.
Rondon steps in just their side of the half way line, bullies,robs and dispossess's their man, then wins us a free kick, game over and 3 points. You could see what Seamus thought of it.

Question I ask myself about DCL is could he and would he have done that? maybe so, but I doubt it.
It's all very well saying he needs service, he needs it layed on for him, he needs balls to his head,feet wherever but that's a waste of shirt for me at this level.

He's not really if we're honest anywhere near as good a goal scorer as a Kane or Vardy, yet the work rate those 2 put in, in addition to their strikes just amazes me.
If you didn't know Kanes position you could be forgiven in thinking he was a midfielder, defender, Centre back or Striker, yet he's still on the end of a hell of a lot of half chances and slots them with consistency. I'm only mentioning Kane as that's who fans compare him too by the way.

With the quality we have in Richie and Gordon I think it's daft for them to be expected to change their game to solely supply him.
Of Course he could and would...The level of revisionism among our fan base when someone is out with an injury is astounding...they all become either truly awful or exactly the wizard we are missing...never in between

Nothing to do with concentration or interest. The gist of his post was very clear. And i stopped reading at "im not even sure its racism" when his original post was clearly insinuating it was the colour of his skin.
Fair enough.... But the gist or insinuations are often subjective and the meaning can sometimes be different.

It's a delicate subject and everyone gets unsure. Perhaps, reading the entirety may help in the future.

Of Course he could and would...The level of revisionism among our fan base when someone is out with an injury is astounding...they all become either truly awful or exactly the wizard we are missing...never in between
He's not out with an injury though, he's on the bench.
It seems it's a crime here to ever question DCL but Iwobi, Gordon, Keane, Mina,Holgate etc. are all fair game....baffling.

Fair enough.... But the gist or insinuations are often subjective and the meaning can sometimes be different.

It's a delicate subject and everyone gets unsure. Perhaps, reading the entirety may help in the future.

There was nothing unsure about his first post. I thought it was a cheap dig at people on this forum and when replied to he tried to backtrack on the racism insinuation. When he clearly knew what he was doing. He lost me there and then.
I doubt either of us will lose any sleep over it though.

He's not out with an injury though, he's on the bench.
It seems it's a crime here to ever question DCL but Iwobi, Gordon, Keane, Mina,Holgate etc. are all fair game....baffling.
Hardly a crime now is it!? You questioned whether he could/would battle for the ball and win a free kick...that's not questioning per se, that's forgetting almost every game he's ever played and basically implying he can't play football anymore.
On the bench doesn't necessarily mean he's completely shaken his injury btw...he's obviously being treated with kids gloves atm

Status
Not open for further replies.