2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane never scored today and was MOM by a mile. The team's not built around him as their only route as we do when DCL plays, the work rate comparison between him and DCL is so big it's not even worth discussing. And as for skills again incomparable, not even close notwithstanding people rate him at 60m. He's not a kid any more and should be doing far better.

It is fair to compare him to Kane I'd assume?

Absolutely started believing his own hype.

I really don't care about what people do off the pitch as long as it doesn't bring the club into disrepute and it doesn't affect their match day performance.

He's come back from an injury and there's an argument we don't play to his strengths however I don't see the fight and enthusiasm that was formerly in his play.

Very disappointed in him

Seen this and it made me chuckle on Twitter

Attachments

• F01E07CF-2623-4AC5-B9F3-AF67DD096722.jpeg
    F01E07CF-2623-4AC5-B9F3-AF67DD096722.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 111

If we aren't going to get the ball wide and cross, what's the point.

Granted Gray and Richarlison never crossed the ball all game but he hardly touched the ball all game.

He should've stayed on the pitch especially when we are chasing the game.

Kane never scored today and was MOM by a mile. The team's not built around him as their only route as we do when DCL plays, the work rate comparison between him and DCL is so big it's not even worth discussing. And as for skills again incomparable, not even close notwithstanding people rate him at 60m. He's not a kid any more and should be doing far better.

It is fair to compare him to Kane I'd assume?

You’re comparing relegation-threatened Everton’s striker to arguably one of the top 3 centre forwards in the world right now.

DCL is a good striker and that’s about it. He’s going through a moment where nothing is going right and he’s clearly not match sharp.

You’re comparing relegation-threatened Everton’s striker to arguably one of the top 3 centre forwards in the world right now.

DCL is a good striker and that’s about it. He’s going through a moment where nothing is going right and he’s clearly not match sharp.
To be fair others have compared him to Kane so i thought i was ok to do it. I don't rate him in Kanes league, or as good as almost all other teams no 9's in the premiership. I truly would have Rondon in at present, purely for the effort he puts in. Really speaking, he's being protected and offered excuses for his poor play by it being blamed on his match sharpness. He's now had well enough time to at least show he's worth his place.

Absolutely started believing his own hype.

I really don't care about what people do off the pitch as long as it doesn't bring the club into disrepute and it doesn't affect their match day performance.

He's come back from an injury and there's an argument we don't play to his strengths however I don't see the fight and enthusiasm that was formerly in his play.

Very disappointed in him

I posted on here in the early days of carlo ancelotti that there was a little thing that bugged me when he scored. I know it didnt sound a lot but it was his pointing to his name on the back of his shirt when he scored. It grated me. I even find Ronaldo doing it a bit egotistical and he's bleedin Ronaldo.

We might be wrong but i do see a bit in what you are saying. Almost like im englands calvert lewin. I dont need this relegation scrap stuff. Im to good for it.

Most certainly isnt btw.

I think people are being a bit harsh
I thought when he came on against Newcastle he changed the game and it was great setup play for the goal
I’ve been critical of his performance agains spurs but I think a bit of perspective is needed here. The injury he’s has is a bad one. I believe he’s broken down in training about 3 times and had got him down
Hopefully with good game time today he is getting fitter

Before his spell of scoring goals, he’d always at least put an honest graft in and give defenders the runaround, which made a succession of managers and most of the fans back him to come good.

But recently, he’s not getting on the scoresheet, nor showing anywhere near the same level of desire or workrate.

I know he’s been injured for A LOT of the season, but pretty much all of his performances since he returned have been complete pish.

Status
Not open for further replies.