2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope DCL comes back as a prime Brazilian Ronaldo or all these hopes and dreams being placed on him are going to fall short.
I like DCL, think he is one of our best players but the way we have whinged and moaned about his absence is beginning to imply he is one of the best in the world, and hes not. He works hard and is a decent finisher but hes not a world class talent. To pin all our hopes on his return seems a bit of a worry. We cant rush him back and risk a further injury, but apparently we cant expect anything with out him either.
I just hope his shoulders are broad enough to take the pressure.

Hope DCL comes back as a prime Brazilian Ronaldo or all these hopes and dreams being placed on him are going to fall short.
I like DCL, think he is one of our best players but the way we have whinged and moaned about his absence is beginning to imply he is one of the best in the world, and hes not. He works hard and is a decent finisher but hes not a world class talent. To pin all our hopes on his return seems a bit of a worry. We cant rush him back and risk a further injury, but apparently we cant expect anything with out him either.
he spent the entire summer on the england bench, yet should save our club? Indeed, wishful thinkin.

I was just thinking something similar. It is unfair to expect so much from him, especially after a bad injury but we do, and are being directed that way because it's now Rafael's go to to point out players absent as the root cause. Fair enough for a few games but last night we were missing 2 first choice players. Both significant players in Mina and DCL, both ends of the pitch but still only 2 players. He's going to get the same ol' abuse for the occasional one on one miss that all strikers miss from time to time, but it will be louder because expectations will be so high.

….as somebody who’s hamstrings pop walking upstairs, I’m increasingly concerned about this big muscle injury that DCL has. Once they start they can impact a players career to such an extent i wouldn’t invest in anybody with that record (Delph).

i remember suggesting we cash in on James McCarthy when his dodgy hamstrings started. A quad is such a weird one and such a worrying one. Being out for this length of time means it’s serious, players tend to protect them in games, even subconsciously.

Totally. I love DCL but he relies on service and players creating chances - he’s not a magician. He’ll be struggling to score if we keep playing so defensively. He’ll be stood there with no support, getting long balls hoofed up to him with two defenders around him. He’ll win more in the air than Rondon, he’s more of a threat in behind but no striker wants to be playing in a team that plays the way we do. Chances at a premium, thankless task and then blamed for not knocking in 30 a season.

One of the few players I’d pull out all the stops to keep for the rebuild, not sure whether the likes of him and Ritchie will hang around though. Couldn’t blame them either with the mess around them.

Just read that both the Mirror and the Mail are reporting that Arsenal are plotting a move for CL

Bascombe too

They were in for him in the summer, had enquiries rebuffed.

Nothing will happen in January but will be tough to hang onto him next summer, especially with this manager

Status
Not open for further replies.