2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

apologies its not an own goal but the keeper saved the initial header and it was unlucky that it bounced off his arse and went in

great point blank save tbh
If every goal that went in off the keeper was an own goal, the majority of goals would be own goals. That's certainly one way to lessen the value of strikers world wide.

Edit: Or maybe it would increase the value of strikers who don't score enough because they always hit the keeper...

Hmmmm

apologies its not an own goal but the keeper saved the initial header and it was unlucky that it bounced off his arse and went in

great point blank save tbh
Had the ball hit the bar/crossbar, bounced back hit the goalie and ended up in the back of the net then it's an og as it wasn't on target. DCL's header was on target causing the goalie to fumble it into the back of the net regardless what part of his body it last hits, pretty simple to understand IMHO

he did save it, the ball bounced straight down and hit his arse and went in
It’s unequivocally DCL’s goal, but you do raise an interesting point. I wonder where the line actually is?

The received wisdom is that if the shot was on target, it’s credited to the striker, regardless of how many bodies it pings off on the way in.

But at some point, a deflection becomes a touch. I’d argue it’s when the momentum of the ball is killed or reversed. Neither happens in this case, it just bounces in off the keeper using the momentum DCL put on it.

It’s unequivocally DCL’s goal, but you do raise an interesting point. I wonder where the line actually is?

The received wisdom is that if the shot was on target, it’s credited to the striker, regardless of how many bodies it pings off on the way in.

But at some point, a deflection becomes a touch. I’d argue it’s when the momentum of the ball is killed or reversed. Neither happens in this case, it just bounces in off the keeper using the momentum DCL put on it.

yeah that was the line i was not sure about but because it was on target its credited as his goal

almost a great save then

Would love him to bang in another load of goals this season. Think Benitez will play to his strengths. He's a good opportunity. Just not in the mood of him going half a season scoring few goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.