2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd get the blue tints in those glasses checked mate. lol

Kane also has 9 league assists to go with his 7 goals this season. And they are all what I call proper assists. His key passes are on a par with KDB they are so good, and I'm sure he's set up 6 or 7 of Son's goals this season. He's a class above DCL and, as I said, the best in the world. But he's also 4 years older, and whilst he was knocking the goals in at 23, he probably wasn't the all round player that Dom is today.

Kane at 23 could score goals he created himself, such as the one against Arsenal when he curled it from the edge of the area. Calvert Lewin needs to add that to his game if he wants to get to the world class level in my view otherwise he’ll always be dependent on the quality of service he gets to score and if he doesn’t get any (Southampton) he won’t score.

I'd get the blue tints in those glasses checked mate. lol

Kane also has 9 league assists to go with his 7 goals this season. And they are all what I call proper assists. His key passes are on a par with KDB they are so good, and I'm sure he's set up 6 or 7 of Son's goals this season. He's a class above DCL and, as I said, the best in the world. But he's also 4 years older, and whilst he was knocking the goals in at 23, he probably wasn't the all round player that Dom is today.
Just the 29 goals and seven assists in 30 Premier League matches for Kane four years ago.

I've been hugely impressed with Calvert-Lewin's improvement over the last 12 months, but I don't think that comparisons with Kane will ever flatter him.

Now we are comparing him with Harry Kane - funny on this thread he was not fit for the prem by some pre-season posters - TBH if we keep struggling like that 2nd half performance, & he keeps scoring - the top team vultures will circle - City for one imo ......
First half he got the service 2nd half a lone forward v a team certain for relegation unless they change their Manager........

Do you even watch football. Since Jose went to Spurs Kane has the most goals and also most assists of any player. He’s been sensational this season, his all round play is exceptional.

I don't want Kane every week. Watched him against us, and he was miles behind DCL. The goals stats bear that out.

Kane is arguably the best striker in the world, and is empirically one of the greatest goal-scorers to ever play the game.

Kane has been a great goal scorer and is still a very good one. Calvert Lewin is now a better goalscorer and therefore striker. I said pretty early on in the season DCL would get more goals in open play, and hes miles ahead of Kane currently.

Kane gets assists which is fine. Hed be a good midfielder, but that's not the question.

Kane at 23 could score goals he created himself, such as the one against Arsenal when he curled it from the edge of the area. Calvert Lewin needs to add that to his game if he wants to get to the world class level in my view otherwise he’ll always be dependent on the quality of service he gets to score and if he doesn’t get any (Southampton) he won’t score.

The same as Lukaku then?

Kane is a better all round footballer but DCL is finishing well atm and has great aerial presence. If he becomes a consistent 20 goal a season man then he can definitely be said to be a world class number 9. I think the work Carlo has done on making him focus more on getting on the end of things in the box and one touch finishing is paying dividends.

Gary Lineker didn’t spray 80 yard passes and make loads of assists but he was still a top class striker.

Kane has been a great goal scorer and is still a very good one. Calvert Lewin is now a better goalscorer and therefore striker. I said pretty early on in the season DCL would get more goals in open play, and hes miles ahead of Kane currently.

Kane gets assists which is fine. Hed be a good midfielder, but that's not the question.
If you offered both players to teams 99% would take Kane and that ends that discussion.

Pretty much every top team plays with one central striker, and I don't think there's a single manager in world football who would choose Calvert-Lewin to lead the line over Kane.

You're comparing a good striker to a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.