2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
World class this lad. Best striker in world football for me. A very very good mans version of Harry Kane.
As an all round number 9 I think Harry Kane is best in the world. His link up play is just as good as his goal scoring, which is itself world class.

That takes nothing away from Dom though who, along with Grealish, is probably the most improved player in the league this season. Always looks dangerous and his all round play is so good. If he keeps up this form he'll finish as the Premier's top scorer and I'll happily take that.

As an all round number 9 I think Harry Kane is best in the world. His link up play is just as good as his goal scoring, which is itself world class.

That takes nothing away from Dom though who, along with Grealish, is probably the most improved player in the league this season. Always looks dangerous and his all round play is so good. If he keeps up this form he'll finish as the Premier's top scorer and I'll happily take that.

Not for me mate. You judge a number 9 by goals scored in open play. DCL is levels above Kane now. Kane is still very good .

Hes better than Kane of 2020. Simple as that.
It's not really though is it? Is he better than Messi because he's outscored him this season? Pointless comparison to make. Kane adds lots of Creativity and Threat in areas that Dom doesn't. He is a better all round footballer and striker.

Dom is wonderful but I hate these silly comparisons.

(Sidenote: Is there a name for football's version of Godwins law where any argument tends towards mentioning Cristiano or Messi?)

That finish was exceptional. For me that was a bit of a watershed moment; he's now well and truly a slotter.

Somehow he's taken one of the weaknesses in his game and turned it in to a strength. Superb work on the training pitch.

Spot on.

When Ancelotti first mentioned Inzaghi I was like "well that's a strange player to compare him to". But he was spot on.... Get in the box, finish first time and you'll score more than you miss.

Brilliant coaching from Ancelotti and Ferguson but more importantly, DCL has worked on it. Without putting the effort in it makes no difference what anyone says.

First goal was a great bundle over the line because he sinside the box, 2nd is a great first time finish on the 6 yard box line and the 3rd was just a touch offside but would have capped off a great hattrick

Not for me mate. You judge a number 9 by goals scored in open play. DCL is levels above Kane now. Kane is still very good .
I'd get the blue tints in those glasses checked mate. lol

Kane also has 9 league assists to go with his 7 goals this season. And they are all what I call proper assists. His key passes are on a par with KDB they are so good, and I'm sure he's set up 6 or 7 of Son's goals this season. He's a class above DCL and, as I said, the best in the world. But he's also 4 years older, and whilst he was knocking the goals in at 23, he probably wasn't the all round player that Dom is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.