2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a business model that is working extremely well for us. Signing young players who have not yet made the grade but are on the cusp of doing so.
DCL, Holgate and Branthwaite spring immediately to mind. They will probably cost a combined fee of 5m and are probably worth over 120m just now.
DCL is a bit different though isn't it, He's lucky we cocked up the Lukaku money and DCL became our striker by default really good or bad, we're slowly reaping the rewards but he's had 2-3 seasons of being our main striker to learn his game.

DCL is a bit different though isn't it, He's lucky we cocked up the Lukaku money and DCL became our striker by default really good or bad, we're slowly reaping the rewards but he's had 2-3 seasons of being our main striker to learn his game.
I think it was some supporters who had doubts about DCL , those in charge at different times all kept faith with him and kept playing him regularly.

He's different now he scores most games ... chosen for England - what more do you want ?
A certain Graham Sharp started slower than him & Sharpy is our 2nd high rest goal scorer to the great Dixie Dean - if DCL is half as good as that he will do this infatuation with Lukaku ?
He's been gone a while now we did try to replace him = Tuson.......

He's different now he scores most games ... chosen for England - what more do you want ?
A certain Graham Sharp started slower than him & Sharpy is our 2nd high rest goal scorer to the great Dixie Dean - if DCL is half as good as that he will do this infatuation with Lukaku ?
He's been gone a while now we did try to replace him = Tuson.......
I'm saying DCL is a bit different from Holgate and Branthwaite, He's lucky in hindsight we spunked Lukaku money on crap because he became our main striker and learned his trade by being our leading man for 2-3 seasons, If we signed a proper striker who knows what would have happened to DCL, We're reaping the rewards now after putting major faith in him is the point I was putting across.

I'm saying DCL is a bit different from Holgate and Branthwaite, He's lucky in hindsight we spunked Lukaku money on crap because he became our main striker and learned his trade by being our leading man for 2-3 seasons, If we signed a proper striker who knows what would have happened to DCL, We're reaping the rewards now after putting major faith in him is the point I was putting across.
In a long winded way - Carlo & Dunc put this lad down the middle as a no 9 end of plus a midfield to supply him may it continue.....

Was interested in looking at his goal per game ratio in the PL over his career.

Based on his total minutes he’s played roughly 77 games and scored 30 goals.

So 0.38 goals per game over his PL career.

Over this season and last season (when he’s been a lot more central) that ratio is 0.57 even including his bad patch post lockdown.

So he’s between a 15-20 goal a season striker over his career (based on minutes on the pitch over that time) and getting better.

He's starting but I can't work out if it's a front three in which case he'll be out right (I truly hope not) or a front 2 with grealish in behind.

I’d say Holgate was luckier, loaned out and was linked with a move and not really in the managers plans. A couple of injuries let him in, then a masterclass in midfield and suddenly he was fans favourite.
He could easily have gone back out on loan but for injuries and he would have been a Galloway or Browning..

Status
Not open for further replies.