2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

The sad thing is some people are so myopic and have convinced themselves that he is useless that they can't see the evidence in front of their eyes. He's just finished his first season as our 9 and with no support from midfield he was our top scorer*.
Now he has Carlo Ancelotti coaching him and players like Allan and Doucoure doing all the heavy lifting defensively. He's building a rapport with Richarlison and now has James to train and play with. I think it's only fair that he is treated like he is 22 and cost £1.5(?) mill. It's an outrageous concept but support from fans and positivity might be the missing ingredient.

The sad thing is some people are so myopic and have convinced themselves that he is useless that they can't see the evidence in front of their eyes. He's just finished his first season as our 9 and with no support from midfield he was our top scorer*.
Now he has Carlo Ancelotti coaching him and players like Allan and Doucoure doing all the heavy lifting defensively. He's building a rapport with Richarlison and now has James to train and play with. I think it's only fair that he is treated like he is 22 and cost £1.5(?) mill. It's an outrageous concept but support from fans and positivity might be the missing ingredient.
The really sad thing is that the same people would also rather be proved right than see him improve

I feel a couple of goals in the first few games for Dominic Calvert-Lewin would go a long way in helping him get back 'in the groove' and build some consistency scoring-wise and do the business for us... which should be what we all want for the player. team, and club.

There is a didier drogba player in him. Needs to become an unplayable bully.
Oh. And spend an hour each day practising attacking headers to goal.
Without doubt the one i am most undecided about. Could be anything or nothing.

The really sad thing is that the same people would also rather be proved right than see him improve
Bingo. I'd of thought we'd all want him and other players to succeed and that means improvement, but it's almost like it's stuck to a binary choice - great or rubbish.

While he's not the finished article and arguably we could be looking at improving up front, I think DCL has improved a lot and is a good player who'll improve further.

Likewise, I personally don't believe Davies is good enough based on the last few seasons, but by god I'd love to be proven wrong. People should do the same here.

I’ve been solidly supporting this lad from the off , and he hasn’t disappointed me in his progression.
He has a superb attitude and temperament and works hard to contribute to the team as a whole.
His goal return last season in a misfiring and disrupted team was more than respectable especially for a young player.
If the new recruits can provide better service he will provide more goals. I think he could achieve in the region of 20 goals this season all being well.

A few things:i) he's 23, ii) he may have cost £1.5m, but this is completely irrelevant as he's now a first choice striker at the club iii) I'm not sure if this is what you meant but it sounds like you're blaming fans for his shortcomings?

You cant honestly believe that Surely? I’m one of if not his biggest critic and I would much rather eat humble pie and get “ I told you so” from people here and watch Everton winning and challenging than I would watching us drop points because of DCL and be “ right” .

You cant honestly believe that Surely? I’m one of if not his biggest critic and I would much rather eat humble pie and get “ I told you so” from people here and watch Everton winning and challenging than I would watching us drop points because of DCL and be “ right” .

There are definitely a few on here desperate for him to fail. Like this Grade A whopper.

There are definitely a few on here desperate for him to fail. Like this Grade A whopper.

Wouldn't think anyone wants him to fail to be honest but this is a big season for him with better players around him he should be looking to be scoring near the 20 mark but he does divide opinion so will we get the DCL that scored 9 goals in 10 games or the one that didn't score in his last 10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.