2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo has a cheek really so do Real, 50m is derisory. I wouldn't even start talking until they double that even then I would not sell him this summer. I doubt Dom would go there over City or United if they come in for him at some point anyway...

I believe real are a bit on the skint side hence low rumoured figure., they can get stuffed and Carlo with them.

Playing alongside players who can ping accurate crosses in to him repeatedly throughout the game?
But Madrid don’t play like that.

they also wouldn’t put up with such a one dimensional striker that can only score if on a plate or crossed in.

Look at the strikers in their history.

I'm just laughing you think Patrick Schick is a better striker than Dom.
Tbh he can strike a ball better than Dom, better composure and can probably hold the ball up better as Dons not very good at that. Dom is probably better in the air and is younger. Personally I’d feel more confident Everton improving with Schick up top than Dom. I really don’t rate Dom that much, he’s seems a decent bloke plays as striker ok but imo isn’t that special.

But Madrid don’t play like that.

they also wouldn’t put up with such a one dimensional striker that can only score if on a plate or crossed in.

Look at the strikers in their history.

Cause teams only play in one way at all times yeah?

Carlo liked DCL and compared him several times to Inzaghi who scored an awful lot of 1 touch goals from the 6 yard area.

If we are basing how a team plays off their recent history and only signing players exactly like they've always had, we just need to accept mediocrity and that we a boring defensive club then I guess.

Tbh he can strike a ball better than Dom, better composure and can probably hold the ball up better as Dons not very good at that. Dom is probably better in the air and is younger. Personally I’d feel more confident Everton improving with Schick up top than Dom. I really don’t rate Dom that much, he’s seems a decent bloke plays as striker ok but imo isn’t that special.

We'd never have guessed.

Why is everyone talking like this bid is legit ? Find it incredibly hard to believe they would want him and even if they did Carlo would surely have told them that £50m would never in a million years be enough.

Our problem is we mess around to much, Carlo failed this season he needed to get us Europa then next season CL. That should be the plan put to the new manager, if they came up slightly short yes perhaps give them another season. If we want to be thought of as a big team we need progress quick, City, Chelsea got success relatively quick, if they hadn’t do you think there better players would have hung around.

That's not gonna happen IMO with this squad and shouldn't be the aim with the new manager.

The reason we didn't get Europa is that the squad is threadbare and full of frauds. Carlo knew that and based on his interviews he knew who was out and what we needed

Whoever comes in is going to give your Gomes' Sigurdsson etc another crack at the whip. With that, you're already behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.