2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I can't agree with the last sentence as I think next season neither will be first choice for either position.It seems Carlo is on the scent of one and I feel that Godfrey has shown enough to be played in his best position .

My aim was to just finish this season, next is another matter altogether.

All our own fans seem to hate all our players, they talk about selling our best players and what fee they would get.

Selling Dom for a gazilion dollars doesnt mean we'll get a gazilion dollar player in return if you're in the bracket you aint coming to Everton at the moment.
Exactly who did we get in to replace Lukaku for 70 million we sold him for?

You do realise Dom was signed a year before Lukaku left, right?

Yes, but my reply was that we should not be looking for a striker to shell out the Lukaku money for but rather looking for a striker at half that price hence what did we pay for Lukaku.

Yes, but my reply was that we should not be looking for a striker to shell out the Lukaku money for but rather looking for a striker at half that price hence what did we pay for Lukaku.

But Dom cost £2m a year before Lukaku left so he wasn't signed to be Lukaku's replacement so I'm unsure why he's relevant here.

Yeh the problem DCL has always had is the club's failure to spend money in the Summer 2017 on a quality striker. He got thrust into the spotlight before he was ready and people have hated him ever since.

I don't hate him rahter a strong word that, he has done pretty well this season but could have done better.,

But what did we buy him for? That is the level we should be looking at IMO
Yeah definitely but the Lukaku deal was just an incredibly fortunate anomaly as well. We also spent the same on Kean as we did for Lukaku. Lukaku was set to leave regardless but we need to just be more sound in the recruitment especially we knew Lukaku had ambitions. So like Nyms said it put so much scrutiny on a player still so raw. Right now we don't even have a backup like before of we botched the replacement of DCL

Whether you like him or dislike him, buying him for £2m and selling for £80m would be brilliant business for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.