2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's hope it's just a strain rather than a tear. The last thing he or the club needs is an ongoing hamstring issue.

I’m pretty sure PSG will be paying his wages mate.

I know mate.

It's a well known fact that our wage bill has been too high. This was known before this clusterfudge of a year.

In January, we had Tosun and Kean in the squad, we loaned Tosun out. We got lumbered with Tosun again, because of his injury.

So, in short, I'll rephrase my question. Why does everybody assume we could have kept both Tosun and Kean from a financial perspective?

I know mate.

It's a well known fact that our wage bill has been too high. This was known before this clusterfudge of a year.

In January, we had Tosun and Kean in the squad, we loaned Tosun out. We got lumbered with Tosun again, because of his injury.

So, in short, I'll rephrase my question. Why does everybody assume we could have kept both Tosun and Kean from a financial perspective?
Is there any evidence to say we couldn’t have?

I know mate.

If we could afford to bring in a 4th senior goalkeeper and a left back who we seemingly have no intention of playing, then I think it's a stretch to think we couldn't afford to keep Kean.

Didn’t Ancelotti say it’s only a minor issue?

Yes - felt it in the lead up to West Ham, but classic Everton we played him and it was sore after the game.

West Ham game was 12 days ago, a minor hamstring would be around 18-20 days, so I would say the Villa game moving to Sunday could be to our advantage (17 days after WH game), so I would be very surprised if we didn't see him back for the FA Cup game on the weekend of the 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.