2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ball could’ve gone anywhere. It happened to go in. Half second timing either way and it’s likely going elsewhere. Not discrediting his work ethic but it’s hardly a “finish” is it? So yeah, there’s some luck to that.

you could say that about almost every goal scored though. Bit of a strange argument to suit and agenda.

The Utd goal?

you could say that about almost every goal scored though. Bit of a strange argument to suit and agenda.

The Utd goal?
Completely disagree. It was a freak goal. How many of those have you seen the last couple seasons from anyone?

A quality finish is just that. Quality. Doms foot just happened to get in the way at the correct angle for it to result in a goal. He knew nothing about it.

Completely disagree. It was a freak goal. How many of those have you seen the last couple seasons from anyone?

A quality finish is just that. Quality. Doms foot just happened to get in the way at the correct angle for it to result in a goal. He knew nothing about it.

Why does it matter if it was luck? He has to put the effort in to block a keeper clearance and not a lot of strikers can be bothered.

I mean he has 15 goals this season so he must know how to finish like a normal striker since, as you say, those types of goals aren’t common.
We’ve gone rounds and round Nymz. He had a good period and he’s also missed more than 3x the chances of anyone else. Let’s see if he finds his shooting boots next season, shall we? Hopefully he does, but I’m skeptical.

I thought he was good tonight, he put himself about and caused problems for Sheffiel. He should have scored with the first half header and should have played Siggy in on the second half break. He was in the right place to be on the end of chances, still think he doesn’t score enough when chances are limited but if he keeps up that effort then he will get more chances. If Gomes can play like that next year then again he will get chances.
The sickening thing about tonight is that if the team had played like that over the last few games we would be offering prospective transfers European football.

Never said he was clinical but also don’t agree he should be derided for scoring goals like the United one that makes up a tiny portion of all strikers goals each season.
I’m what World was that deriding? Simply said it was lucky. Which based on the bold you’re essentially agreeing with.

That’s certainly true. Though the big question and concern with Dom is that he’s only ever had one non-barren spell. And even when he was scoring, he had some tremendous luck like where De Gea just rocketed it off him and it wound up in the net. He’s been an asset. But the questions around his ability are completely justified imo.

You said this which is picking on him as some flukey striker. How many goals out of 15 were flukey?

You said this which is picking on him as some flukey striker. How many goals out of 15 were flukey?
Well of the top of my head, that one and the one he stole off the line. Then there’s the ones he scuffed over the line. Not necessarily lucky goals but definitely made them more difficult than needed.

How many of the 15 were what you’d call quality finishes? I can think of the diving header. What else? Any actual good finishes with his feet? Maybe a few?

I know you likely have a compilation that you run on a loop to some jarg EDM so feel free to share that so we can all judge. Just be sure to include all the bad misses as well.

Well of the top of my head, that one and the one he stole off the line. Then there’s the ones he scuffed over the line. Not necessarily lucky goals but definitely made them more difficult than needed.

How many of the 15 were what you’d call quality finishes? I can think of the diving header. What else? Any actual good finishes with his feet? Maybe a few?

I know you likely have a compilation that you run on a loop to some jarg EDM so feel free to share that so we can all judge. Just be sure to include all the bad misses as well.

Let’s go through them shall we?

Sheff Wed: Quality first, normal second
Bournemouth: Great header
Man City: Robbed Coleman’s goal but not arsed, he’s a striker
Brighton: Great left-footed finish
Chelsea: 2 good finishes
Burnley: Amazing header
Newcastle: First is a good finish, second scuffed
West Ham: Cracking header
Newcastle: Great left-footed finish
Palace: Easy finish, 1 yard out
Arsenal: Great finish