2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin is just a black Brett Angell.

wow wa weee wah

tenor.gif

....not bigging him up, I rate him.

Not sure if they said he has 15 PL goals, but that’s not bad with a game to go. He wasn’t at his best, he didn’t make the most of situations and he should’ve buried that header, but those CBs will have hated being up against him tonight and his teammates will be chuffed having him in the team.

But clearly not clinical enough in front of goal. But he can work on that.
The whole thing is bizare with me tbh. He could be a beast. Or he could just as easly end up playing for brighton.

But clearly not clinical enough in front of goal. But he can work on that.
The whole thing is bizare with me tbh. He could be a beast. Or he could just as easly end up playing for brighton.

....absolutely. As I continue to say, he gets on the end of passes with his athleticism but then doesn’t control the finish. He particularly needs to exploit his aerial ability, controlling headers like Cahill and Ferguson did and Richarlison does.

Arguably this is true.

He had good enough service to have a brace tonight and he didn't deliver, which, importantly, is not remotely out of character.

That game's a lot more comfortable if it's 2 or 3 nil and Dom had the chances to get us that breathing space.

Exactly he needs another 6 chances and in the 6 yard box. Maybe coulda been a two goal cushion there.

Thats the problem. Had a purple patch and he was being talked about as the new england sensation. Hasnt scored since.
Need to stop bigging him up to something he isnt even close to.
Hope hes on the training ground for an hour after everybody else is done, working on his finishing. He needs to.
Still just raw potential
He doesn’t seem to strike his shots powerfully, I done think I have seen him score with rocket. He seems to mistime and scuff a load of shots. Never hits them cleanly.

He's an asset, but he's not the main striker top sides have in the locker.
All top sides have a player who you know only needs one chance to slot, Dom's not that man yet

Strikers have barren spells. 23 year old ones certainly do. His general hold up play is still solid and he's making good runs -- like you said, it's just not coming off. Not worried at all about Dom.

Quality Strikers gobble up that chance he had today.

But he's not missing 5 or 6 a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.