2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny as he was scoring at a ratio of about 1 in 9 until December - March which by definition is a purple patch.

You just get carried away by small pockets of good form.

Unless you're judging someone by the majority of their games and not the minority you come across as having bias in your opinion.

The same way @Joey66 will gloss over 5 bad performances from Dom but the moment he next scores he'll be claiming he's growing and growing all the time.
We sacked Silva and stopped that garbage 4-5-1 and he started scoring more like, No one is getting carried away m8, I've been happy with DCL and he deserves to be starting next season as well where you're saying he isn't good enough while we have the flintstones in midfield, Does he miss easy chances? Hell yes he does what striker doesn't.
Is he clinical? No but he can get better with more chances given to him each game and not scrappy 1-2 chances.
Is he solution to us getting Europe? Possibly who knows we'll have to see it play out. I'm not backing him to becoming the next Harry Kane but he's a young lad who has returned a decent amount of goals and deserves a fair crack next season that is all.

I back good managers and good players like Carlo & Richarlison.

If I wanted to watch us be managed by a bum like Silva with 11 alehouse players I would go get a season ticket with Dean at Tranmere.

I told everybody that Martinez, Koeman and Silva were all utter crap managers who would do nothing.

But I still backed them when they got the job.

Crying on a forum has never got a manager sacked, sit back, enjoy the ride and wait for them to get bulleted.

I told everybody that Martinez, Koeman and Silva were all utter crap managers who would do nothing.

But I still backed them when they got the job.

Crying on a forum has never got a manager sacked, sit back, enjoy the ride and wait for them to get bulleted.

You have alot more patience than me as I'll never back rubbish like Allardyce & Silva stealing a living off the club.

We sacked Silva and stopped that garbage 4-5-1 and he started scoring more like, No one is getting carried away m8, I've been happy with DCL and he deserves to be starting next season as well where you're saying he isn't good enough while we have the flintstones in midfield, Does he miss easy chances? Hell yes he does what striker doesn't.
Is he clinical? No but he can get better with more chances given to him each game and not scrappy 1-2 chances.
Is he solution to us getting Europe? Possibly who knows we'll have to see it play out. I'm not backing him to becoming the next Harry Kane but he's a young lad who has returned a decent amount of goals and deserves a fair crack next season that is all.

Richarlison scored goals up top on his own - funny how most forwards can apart from DCL who we literally have to build a team around.

I mean is he really that good in your eyes that we have to change the formation and system to accommodate him to even give him a sniff of a chance of scoring?

I mean he's not Aguero or KDB is he

Richarlison scored goals up top on his own - funny how most forwards can apart from DCL who we literally have to build a team around.

I mean is he really that good in your eyes that we have to change the formation and system to accommodate him to even give him a sniff of a chance of scoring?

I mean he's not Aguero or KDB is he
Richarlison was absolute muck on his own up top, The lad got bullied by every grock CB.
We changed the system which benefits both of them now and reaping the rewards, Now give us a decent midfield and we're laughing if they can carry this into next season.

Not at all - I actually praised him fyi mate.
Any opportunity you are on his back with a few others - sod our insignificant midfield & style of play preferring to pass backwards - Rhico did nothing at Spurs - DCL had a back heel on goal put our front two in a decent midfield, and they would be top goal scorers thay both work hard and feed off scraps and you expect them to bury one chance a game Rhico did it v Southampton , but that will not happen every game for him ......
I reckon the Championship sides at the top end have a better midfield than us atm and are yards faster than us atm - we have to accept the injury to Gomes imo has finished him he looks off the pace scared to tackle etc plus has very little to support him -
We looked better tbh under big Duncan.....

Data without context is meaningless. If you only looked at data, there are a number of top players who had been written off early in their careers. But I agree with two things, 1) the sample is too small, and 2) lack of compusure in front of goal. On the other hand, he is our top scorer, and I am willing to see how he develops. He also has some physical qualities that make him exciting. He is also highly rated by various coaches who have had him - including CA.

A football brain, football intelligence is something which cannot be taught. Wayne Rooney made the right decisions when he was 16. Ross Barkley didn’t, and still doesn’t. Anthony Gordon, now when you watch him, seems to generally make the right decisions with what to do. We’re lucky we watch a football game from above and a great view. Rooney did it all the time, literally as soon as you thought, play him in, hit it wide, take
him on, he did it. DCL for me makes the wrong decision so many times when he gets the ball. It’s just not something you can teach. He’s one on one, how many times out of ten do you think he finishes that?
One on one you can bet all your belongings that he will fall on is arse trying to get a pen. A pen 9 times of ten he doesnt get. With time, the refs knowing his "spiel", he doesnt get 99 times of 100.

Richarlison was absolute muck on his own up top, The lad got bullied by every grock CB.
We changed the system which benefits both of them now and reaping the rewards, Now give us a decent midfield and we're laughing if they can carry this into next season.

We are 11th and miles away off the top 6 never mind top 4 with DCL having gone 6 games without a goal and looking back to his usual self.

If you think signing a Holjberg here and an Allan there see's us smash teams 3-4 goals a game and finishing above the likes of Chelsea, Wolves & Utd fair enough I'll agree to disagree.

I personally think we are miles off all over the field not just the midfield.

Richarlison
Digne
Holgate

They literally are the only players good enough going forward for me with Keane & maybe Gomes if you want to genuinely aim to do anything but finish the season with nothing to show for it.

We are 11th and miles away off the top 6 never mind top 4 with DCL having gone 6 games without a goal and looking back to his usual self.

If you think signing a Holjberg here and an Allan there see's us smash teams 3-4 goals a game and finishing above the likes of Chelsea, Wolves & Utd fair enough I'll agree to disagree.

I personally think we are miles off all over the field not just the midfield.

Richarlison
Digne
Holgate

They literally are the only players good enough going forward for me with Keane & maybe Gomes if you want to genuinely aim to do anything but finish the season with nothing to show for it.
We're miles off because Silva slam dunked us into relegation, A competent midfield will change a lot of things. Not sure how you can exclude DCL in that three when he has outscored Richarlison but ok that's football.

I remember when some people on here were comparing him to Drogba. Deary me.....

I think that comparison was about Drogba being a late bloomer. No one could have predicted that he would be so good. It is also worth mentioning that he Drogba only had two seasons in the PL where he scored 20 or more. Only 3 seasons where he scored 15 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.