2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're miles off because Silva slam dunked us into relegation, A competent midfield will change a lot of things. Not sure how you can exclude DCL in that three when he has outscored Richarlison but ok that's football.

The same Silva you backed? lol

A competent midfield doesnt make DCL score goals or give us options off the bench to change games or prevent Pickford from clowning around or our RB from being past their best or our wide players to regulary contribute with goals and assists.

We just got humbled at home by kin Southampton and folk are telling me the only issue is the 2 in the middle.

Richarlison scored goals up top on his own - funny how most forwards can apart from DCL who we literally have to build a team around.

I mean is he really that good in your eyes that we have to change the formation and system to accommodate him to even give him a sniff of a chance of scoring?

I mean he's not Aguero or KDB is he
Neither is Richarlison who has scored less goals than Dominic this season in the league and missed chances as well, including two decent ones v Liverpool.

The same Silva you backed? lol

A competent midfield doesnt make DCL score goals or give us options off the bench to change games or prevent Pickford from clowning around or our RB from being past their best or our wide players to regulary contribute with goals and assists.

We just got humbled at home by kin Southampton and folk are telling me the only issue is the 2 in the middle.
Yes I backed Silva because of the run towards the end of the previous season and it turned out disastrous? Not sure what you want from me.
A competent midfield doesn't make DCL score goals? WHAT, I'm out.

Yes I backed Silva because of the run towards the end of the previous season and it turned out disastrous? Not sure what you want from me.
A competent midfield doesn't make DCL score goals? WHAT, I'm out.

No it doesn't.

If it did I might ask Marcel will he sign me up for 40k a week providing they get 2 decent CM's in maybe I'll even score and not pass backwards/run the channels.

No it doesn't.

If it did I might ask Marcel will he sign me up for 40k if they get 2 decent CM's in maybe I'll even score.

Why you doing this in this thread?

DCL is our top scorer, why not just go the Kean thread where nobody has anything to come back with?

You mentioned Lukaku before, he had long periods when he struggled for goals cos the service wasn't great.

Hes improving all the time and he's still fairly young, he's playing in a struggling side with no midfield.

Is he good enough for a team challenging for top 4?

Nobody knows, cos he's never played for such a team.

DCL is our top scorer, why not just go the Kean thread where nobody has anything to come back with?

You mentioned Lukaku before, he had long periods when he struggled for goals cos the service wasn't great.

Hes improving all the time and he's still fairly young, he's playing in a struggling side with no midfield.

Correction, I know.

Well Carlo said just yesterday the aim is to get top 4 - so its very much relevant to ask the question of all our players if they are good enough for where the manager wants us to go is it not?

If not why appoint a world class manager in the first place - Sam Alladyce or Sean Dyche would have easily kept us happy and safe in midtable if thats all folk on here care about.

Its unlikely, but hey, we wont be buying a new Striker this summer, so we go with what we got.
Is that you moysey?

Sadly I agree with you on this, maybe if we get some CM’s in and DCL doesn’t perform next season then we have the option for a change of shape with Richarlison on his own

Well Carlo said just yesterday the aim is to get top 4 - so its very much relevant to ask the question of all our players if they are good enough for where the manager wants us to go is it not?

If not why appoint a world class manager in the first place - Sam Alladyce or Sean Dyche would have easily kept us happy and safe in midtable if thats all folk on here care about.
Never understood why someone who is defined as a world-class coach has to buy world-class players to perform above what is expected? Then suddenly what is above expected has become what is expected.

Carlo also said he's very happy with Dom, but that doesn't matter, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.