2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not an agenda - you just are blinded by a period where DCL scored the most goals in his career in 3 months.

I called it a purple patch then in comparison to his previous 2 and a half years at the club and I'll be proven right in 6 games time.

DCL is something you WANT him to be - not what he actually is.

And I don't even dislike DCL - I've said he's a good squad player but his rabid YOUTH fanboys on here can not handle it when you tell the cold hard facts that he doesnt offer enough goal threat.

Im not arsed how good he is running the channels I want regular output from my forwards.

Not an agenda - you just are blinded by a period where DCL scored the most goals in his career in 3 months.

I called it a purple patch then in comparison to his previous 2 and a half years at the club and I'll be proven right in 6 games time.

And I don't even dislike DCL - I've said he's a good squad player but his rabid YOUTH fanboys on here can not handle it when you tell the cold hard facts that he doesnt offer enough goal threat.

Im not arsed how good he is running the channels I want regular output from my forwards.

In fairness though mate, he's had regular output this season and you've called it a purple patch. He will get 15+ this season and we could get a hatful in those last 3 or 4 games.

Any of other day he'd be MOTM, absolutely ran his heart out and was a constant nuisance to Leicester, even when he was up top on his own after Richy went off.

Hope he scores again soon, his performances have merited one.

I havent the problem with that - but in games where we need to score a goal he isnt good enough and Kean isnt trusted enough.

Ergo we need another CF desperately otherwise you rely on Richarlison staying fit all season.

I honestly dont know how some people dont come to that same conclusion - DCL/Kean do not score enough goals and Tosun is a waste of time.

agree with the Tosun part but both Kean and DCL are youngins.

DCL has come along leaps and bounds this year and Kean has one of the best managers in the world to work with now. Only looks up for here for both of them.

Wouldn’t hurt to have another world class striker though as a backup/on fiel coach type of role.

In fairness though mate, he's had regular output this season and you've called it a purple patch. He will get 15+ this season and we could get a hatful in those last 3 or 4 games.
This is the infuriating part. If he scored 15 in 15 and 0 in the next 15 he's still scored 15 goals. That would be weird but honestly it has probably happened. Strikers don't score at a constant rate, it is always up and down. Except maybe Messi and Ronaldo.

I havent the problem with that - but in games where we need to score a goal he isnt good enough and Kean isnt trusted enough.

Ergo we need another CF desperately otherwise you rely on Richarlison staying fit all season.

I honestly dont know how some people dont come to that same conclusion - DCL/Kean do not score enough goals and Tosun is a waste of time.

...Lukaku is a CF who scores goals and I’m almost certain we don’t win that game tonight with Lukaku. Terrific finisher, but I watched him so many times when we were under the cosh and he went missing.

Our back four will be chuffed to have DCL tonight. I 100% guarantee they‘d prefer to have him tonight than a Lukaku.

This is the infuriating part. If he scored 15 in 15 and 0 in the next 15 he's still scored 15 goals. That would be weird but honestly it has probably happened. Strikers don't score at a constant rate, it is always up and down. Except maybe Messi and Ronaldo.

I understand what people are saying before this season. However do people want him to score every week? If so you've probably got a handful of players who can do that, and none will come to Everton.

Absolute agenda made obvious by you writing paragraphs criticising him in a game that we won vs the top 4 in which he played well. Posting minutes after the game was done.

Yeah but he's scored 1 in 8 as a young striker learning the game who has come on in leap and bounds recently and been shuffled around the pitch over 3 years of managerial upheaval. Must be crap. Still top goalscorer btw and still contributing to the team performance even when he doesn't score...

Status
Not open for further replies.