2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t think we need another striker? I think it should be a priority, with a new CM.

If DCL or Richarlison don’t score, we struggle, last night was a good example of that. The pair of them didn’t look like scoring.

They can’t play every game as well and Kean is some way off being the player we need.
Where is the third guy playing though? We aren't putting 3 strikers on at a time and a guy scoring off the bench tends to be hit or miss.

What we need is goals from out wide and I know people are going to say "Richarlison can do that" and he can but Richarlison is not good in the middle third in possession and the wide players in a 4-4-2 have to be. I don't see that as a solution unless we switch to 4-3-3 and at that point we still don't need another striker as Dom is good enough to hold that spot. The answer for me is a winger.

I truly believe in 3/4 years, he will be the face of the English team. Hes put the work in the gym, has carisma, has personality, works hard for the full 90 minutes, ball skills have improved, all we need are the outside shots to start netting in the corner. I just dont understand how some people hate on this lad after the season he is having for us.
Everything is coming together but his shooting and shot placement is poor. He'll never be a natural finisher but he will always poach goals with his movement and work rate.

You don’t think we need another striker? I think it should be a priority, with a new CM.

If DCL or Richarlison don’t score, we struggle, last night was a good example of that. The pair of them didn’t look like scoring.

They can’t play every game as well and Kean is some way off being the player we need.

You'll get told the current dads army of Kean & Tosun in reserve of a CF who's main weakness is finishing and a wide player playing as a striker is good enough to gate crash the top 4 all whilst we sit in 12th lol

Where is the third guy playing though? We aren't putting 3 strikers on at a time and a guy scoring off the bench tends to be hit or miss.

What we need is goals from out wide and I know people are going to say "Richarlison can do that" and he can but Richarlison is not good in the middle third in possession and the wide players in a 4-4-2 have to be. I don't see that as a solution unless we switch to 4-3-3 and at that point we still don't need another striker as Dom is good enough to hold that spot. The answer for me is a winger.

The team is lacking creativity and goals from midfield and well, anywhere really.

DCL - 13
Richy - 10

The next highest goal scorer?

Bernard - 2

You look at Leicester they have a 20 goal a season striker and 3 midfielders on 6+ goals.
Wolves have a striker on 15 goals, another on 6, but 3 midfielders chipping in 4 or 5.

I think if Carlo wants to stick with Kean another season and get a tune out of him, then up top is decent enough for me.

Like I said, upfront with DCL and Ricky on the wing, where is his strongest position. The fact he’s playing upfront indicates how short we are up there.

Like I said, upfront with DCL and Ricky on the wing, where is his strongest position. The fact he’s playing upfront indicates how short we are up there.
Richarlison isn't a winger in a 4-4-2. You disagree with this? You think he could do what Iwobi did yesterday for example?

I know he doesn't have to play exactly the same but the side will be very unbalanced if one winger is simply pushing up near the two strikers. I can't see it.

Richarlison isn't a winger in a 4-4-2. You disagree with this? You think he could do what Iwobi did yesterday for example?

I know he doesn't have to play exactly the same but the side will be very unbalanced if one winger is simply pushing up near the two strikers. I can't see it.
I would hope the end goal would be a 4-3-3..

Richy - Dom - ???(Purchase a Scorer... Lozano?)
Gomes - Gbamin - ???(CM for Purchase)
Digne - Holgate - ??? (CB For Purchase) - (RB for Purchase)
Pickford

DCL plays a damn good hold up striker. Strong, fast, smart. Just needs to finish and he will be a complete project

I would hope the end goal would be a 4-3-3..

Richy - Dom - ???(Purchase a Scorer... Lozano?)
Gomes - Gbamin - ???(CM for Purchase)
Digne - Holgate - ??? (CB For Purchase) - (RB for Purchase)
Pickford

DCL plays a damn good hold up striker. Strong, fast, smart. Just needs to finish and he will be a complete project
It could be. But Ancelotti has played a lot of two strikers systems down the years as well and 4-4-2 has done ok. I personally think we need to go to something else eventually, but it could be a mid 2000s Milan style 4-3-1-2 and I think still work.

It could be. But Ancelotti has played a lot of two strikers systems down the years as well and 4-4-2 has done ok. I personally think we need to go to something else eventually, but it could be a mid 2000s Milan style 4-3-1-2 and I think still work.
We would just need a creative scoring midfielder for that CAM role which we have none unless we can convience Iwobi or Bernard to learn that they have feet to shoot

We would just need a creative scoring midfielder for that CAM role which we have none unless we can convience Iwobi or Bernard to learn that they have feet to shoot
Nah neither of them will be it. Grealish is the dream for me in that role (well maybe Ziyech was the real dream but alas). Iwobi I think could have value as one of the wider CMs if he tightens up his defensive game and honestly he's made good progress on that front just since Carlo took over.

Dom and Holgate were the only aggressors yesterday. Can't expect a forward to score goals when the midfield can't get them the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.