2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all miss chances and they all scuff a few. DCL isn't the best striker of the ball but not all goals have to be blammos. The lads doing well and he played well yesterday considering he was feeding off scraps.

he can’t shoot for toffee ... and he has never scored from outside the area that I can remember . his shooting lacks power , accuracy and any type of thought or skill .. they’re all hopeful shots rather than calculated.

I don't think he's that bad at shooting and I genuinely don't think it matters that much. I think he could score 1 in 2 regularly without ever scoring from outside the box again or even from the edge. Just tap ins and headers.

if he can’t shoot them we can’t be aiming very high. Strikers that can’t shoot mean points dropped throughout the season.

You don’t think we need another striker? I think it should be a priority, with a new CM.

If DCL or Richarlison don’t score, we struggle, last night was a good example of that. The pair of them didn’t look like scoring.

They can’t play every game as well and Kean is some way off being the player we need.

The chances were there but just can't seem to put them away.

he can’t shoot for toffee ... and he has never scored from outside the area that I can remember . his shooting lacks power , accuracy and any type of thought or skill .. they’re all hopeful shots rather than calculated.

Still banging the anti DCL drum mate ? You must have some mighty high standards for strikers.

You don’t think we need another striker? I think it should be a priority, with a new CM.

If DCL or Richarlison don’t score, we struggle, last night was a good example of that. The pair of them didn’t look like scoring.

They can’t play every game as well and Kean is some way off being the player we need.
No one can ever just be decent / good. They're either so brilliant that upgrading would be impossible (current narrative), or utterly terrible in every way.

I'm expecting to see Kean leave in the summer, so hopefully any replacement will good enough to challenge for a place in team.

Hilarious how he's made out to be some top class player when he's literally our level at present ie 12th in the table.

He wouldn't get a sniff at the top 6 clubs never mind Wolves and Leicester.

God I miss Romelu what a slotter he was:(

Hilarious how he's made out to be some top class player when he's literally our level at present ie 12th in the table.

He wouldn't get a sniff at the top 6 clubs never mind Wolves and Leicester.

God I miss Romelu what a slotter he was:(
If he was in the top 6 teams as you point out with decent creative midfields he would score double that what he has now ......

If he was in the top 6 teams as you point out with decent creative midfields he would score double that what he has now ......

His weakness is finishing mate - literally watch his shooting against Norwich everything was right down the middle straight at the keeper.

He missed one chance - playing for a good team he would have many chances- your so unfair against him - tell me what Rhico did in that game....?

Richarlison was crap mate but for me he isnt a central striker anyway he's a wide forward / winger so I tend not to judge him in comparison to DCL who I consider a more natural centre forward.

I havent an issue with DCL up top but he needs a slotter next to him.

This front 2 just isn't floating ForeverBlues boat - neither forward is nowhere near clinical enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.