2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku was our best forward since the 80s. We had him at a time we never had a pot to piss in. Now when we do have money we have DCL. It doesn't make sense.
Averaged nearly 1 in 2 games for us, yet some people don’t want him back? I judge a striker by what he should be judged on - goals. Yes his first touch and workrate wasn’t the best, but he sure made up for it in other areas. Without doubt the best striker we’ve had since the 80s.

Averaged nearly 1 in 2 games for us, yet some people don’t want him back? I judge a striker by what he should be judged on - goals. Yes his first touch and workrate wasn’t the best, but he sure made up for it in other areas. Without doubt the best striker we’ve had since the 80s.
...didn't have a "hilarious" goal scoring celebration though. Obviously not in the DCL class.

DCL has improved and definitely earned his season with us next season however he still needs to improve in front of goal.

His young and no way the finished article because if he was we would have won on Sunday, but he is getting himself into goal scoring positions now the finishing needs to improve where at the start of the season he looked out of his depth.

He is improving which is encouraging

Can't believe that mate, you always seem so easy going and placid.
It's just that I think if you score a pat on the head and a handshake should suffice. There's a quiet dignity in that.

My rule of thumb: the more elaborate the goal scoring celebrations, the less talent there is.

Not disagreeing that Lukaku the best goalscorer we've had since the '80s, but if goalscoring is the only thing to judge on then is Dom's 1 in 2 this season so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.