2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree! He's a "good striker" and that's it. My opinion- If you have been watching Everton since 1956 like I have, he is well down at the bottom of the strikers we've had. Let's go from the 80,s - Sharp - Andy Gray - Latchford -Lineker - Big Duncan - Lukaku ( couldnt take to the lazy side to his play ) DCL is NOT and never will be as good for Everton as these.
Come on mate, you've mentioned 6 of the best over the last 64 years, one of them Sharp, i don't think was as good as DCL at 22 and Dunc though an icon I'm not sure without checking scored more than 12 in a season.
Anyway for each of the players you mentioned i could probably name 5 who were significantly worse, from Bernie Wright, Rod Belfitt, et al thru to Brett Angel, Niasse etc.
So there's no way he can be down the bottom of strikers we've had as you said.

He's not that impressive, tbh. He's ok. Better than the dreadful player I'd previously had him pegged as.
Shock horror, young player in the most competitive league improves. A lesson for all not to be hasty in their judgement of young players.
I'll let you off with just half a humble pie Dave, hopefully you'll enjoy the rest in future.

I see, so, bottom line, it's down to me to replace DCL before you agree he's not the answer?

Me personally, I'd move heaven and earth to get Lukaku back. However, since that 'kin helmet Moshiri called his mother a purveyor of voodoo, we've got no chance.
Lukaku would retire before coming back here.

Besides, it would be madness to pay what he'd cost in fees/wages when we know that he has a severe mental block in major games and will point-blank refuse to play selflessly when the team is under the cosh. It's impossible to win anything with such players.

Just cherish the memories of him putting Steve Cook and Ciaran Clark on the weights and move on.

Lukaku would retire before coming back here.

Besides, it would be madness to pay what he'd cost in fees/wages when we know that he has a severe mental block in major games and will point-blank refuse to play selflessly when the team is under the cosh. It's impossible to win anything with such players.

Just cherish the memories of him putting Steve Cook and Ciaran Clark on the weights and move on.
Lukaku was our best forward since the 80s. We had him at a time we never had a pot to piss in. Now when we do have money we have DCL. It doesn't make sense.

Lukaku was our best forward since the 80s. We had him at a time we never had a pot to piss in. Now when we do have money we have DCL. It doesn't make sense.
The value that Everton got out of Lukaku was fantastic. Two Europa League qualifications, a strike rate that made relegation virtually impossible and a £50m profit is nothing to be sniffed at for a club that doesn't compete at the sharp end. You'd now be looking at paying £200k a week for those kind of results, though.

Calvert-Lewin isn't the player to lift Everton into Champions League contention, but neither is Lukaku.

The value that Everton got out of Lukaku was fantastic. Two Europa League qualifications, a strike rate that made relegation virtually impossible and a £50m profit is nothing to be sniffed at for a club that doesn't compete at the sharp end. You'd now be looking at paying £200k a week for those kind of results, though.

Calvert-Lewin isn't the player to lift Everton into Champions League contention, but neither is Lukaku.
I'd still have him over DCL, as most would.

I'd still have him over DCL, as most would.
Lukaku was a great finisher but when he didn't score he offered very little and his touch was all over the place. DCL isn't as good a finisher (yet) but he's a more complete player and will always contribute to the team and right now he's scoring nearly every game anyway.

I can't believe people are complaining about him at the moment.

Lukaku was a great finisher but when he didn't score he offered very little and his touch was all over the place. DCL isn't as good a finisher (yet) but he's a more complete player and will always contribute to the team and right now he's scoring nearly every game anyway.

I can't believe people are complaining about him at the moment.
Its the Everton way mate, sadly

That's The County Rd Casuals in a nutshell...note to self; copyright the terms 'Regents Rd Ramblers' & Vauxhall Vacillitors

Status
Not open for further replies.