2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't going to defend any Everton player who is either crap or not putting in the effort, but I can't see the 4 or 5 "great chances" DCL is supposed to have not taken.
64 minutes-weak curler from right side past few defenders=half chance.
72 minutes-Richalison headed down hard, hit DCL ankle, ball popped up, got away snap shot, keeper right on top of him=half chance.
80 min-Richarlison firm low cross, DCL got across defender from miles back, failed to make significant contact at speed=half chance.
90+2 min- The only one he really should have buried in my opinion, free header.
If every centre forward scores every time the comentator/pundit exclaims"he has to score there" they'd all be on 30+ a season.
I think you're right, people are overestimating the chances a good bit, but I'd change it around and say the one Leno saved was the best chance, and the free header was a much lower quality opportunity given his position was about 8 yards out and close enough to the near post that only a perfect one in at the far side would have worked.

Not a predator, IMO.

Picks up a goal and is happy with his day's work. A predator just keeps on looking to pile up the goals.
Requirements are selfishness, as he has been deployed in one up front for most of his time until Silva was booted, I'm willing to allow him a few misses, for now!

Our leading goalscorer and he's getting grief. Sometimes our fanbase leaves a lot to be desired. I know we all have different opinions, but I just cant understand the hatred that is put on our players.
It’s not hatred. Far from it.
I hate 9 more players more than him
He has great talent and a great future.
But he could be outstanding. He needs to improve his finishing to be more clinical.
I agree with @davek that he scores one goal and thinks his days work is done. A real striker would be aiming to score as many goals as possible each game. We were 3-1 up v Palace when he misses that absolute sitter and he reacted by laughing. I wasn’t laughing.
Cant remember Dunc laughing if he missed a chance.
We need 6 or 7 new players as first priority in the summer and build a team around him and Richy. But if he wants to stay in a good team he needs to be more ruthless
Maybe we should try him on a goal bonus

Not a predator, IMO.

Picks up a goal and is happy with his day's work. A predator just keeps on looking to pile up the goals.
I don't think that's true. He admitted in his instagram post he should have done better with the chances we had. I don't think its fair to say he was satisfied with the 1 goal. As you say, his movement is improving and I never thought I'd see him score an overhead kick but his composure needs to improve for the next step. I think he can do it.

I like the go buy a goal a season shouts.
These are like gold dust .
Villa paid 20 plus million for wesley, Newcastle 30 plus for joelinton, and west ham 30 plus for haller.
Dcl has more scored then the 3 of them put together.
Its not that simple to buy in 20 goal strikers.
Garth Crooks has just written him off - that coming from that waste of space means DCL has a good future with us......

Status
Not open for further replies.