2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was too slow. In poor teams he looked poor because the service was rubbish. I think if he’d played for a top team in a different league he’d probably have been scoring loads because his penalty box movement and finishing were great.

Surely if he was good enough to bang in goals at the top level, a top team would’ve bought him?

He was too slow. In poor teams he looked poor because the service was rubbish. I think if he’d played for a top team in a different league he’d probably have been scoring loads because his penalty box movement and finishing were great.
I think Jelavic’s problem was that most of his goals were almost the exact same in that he hit the ball first time. Defenders grew wise to this and started marking him tighter and he stopped scoring. He didn’t have the pace or technique to mix it up.

It was an enjoyable 6 months though.

Surely if he was good enough to bang in goals at the top level, a top team would’ve bought him?

They’re completely different levels of player but sometimes I wonder what an Inzaghi type striker would look like in the modern prem. It’s becoming the case that all strikers now need pace power and physicality otherwise they’re being made redundant. Every team dreams of three Richarlisons upfront rather than the Peter Crouch target men or the fox in the box poachers. Strikers have to be the complete Ronaldo type package now unless you’re a freak like Messi or Aguero with unbelievable technique.

Fair play to the lad, absolutely nobody can question his form at the moment. Looks every bit a very good goal scorer and I really hope this run of goals is the making of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.