2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak the truth about players who have successfully pulled the wool over the eyes of many.

I see him as a bang average striker who who would never get in a top 4/5 PL team. Certainly not as he is right now. Which is my point: he needs to improve 100% if he wants to get to Richarlison's standard.

Im here for you Dave.

PM me if you need somebody to talk to.

Dave now trying to claim DCL is a coward is amazing.

Does anybody take him seriously at this point?
It’s getting painful to watch now tbh.

Like when you see someone have to come and drag their arl fella out the pub cause he’s got bog roll hanging out the back of his kecks and started a fight with the fruit machine again.

Dave now trying to claim DCL is a coward is amazing.

Does anybody take him seriously at this point?

Nice to see him completely ignore my post to him as well.

6th in the league in ALL positions for aerial duels won. Yet again, I make you look a fool.

Only 2 strikers ahead of him both trash.

If there's one thing I cant stand about a player it's lack of aggression (channelled aggression, competitiveness). I see him and time and time again he doesn't look like he wants to bust a gut to get his head in where it needs to be. Why is that?

He's 'under-dived' a lot and failed to make contact with clear cut chances from crosses, and he certainly wont try and get across a defender in the box where a raised foot is a possibility.

He lacks bravery for me. That is a cardinal sin for a striker. Either put yourself on the line all the time, or take the jersey off and hand it to someone who will.
Let Ancelloti work his magic another year then let's see

He doesn't fancy 50-50 challeneges, that much is clear. He certainly wont get in where there's any chance he'll be clattered.

His only running that helps the tream is out wide chasing lost causes. That's it. Central and back to goal he doesn't do much other than amble across the opposition back four and jump in the general direction of the ball if it's lofted into the box.
Yes forum boys !

Has been great this season, could be even better if he gets more clinical. Gets in the right spot often
It just goes to show what good service and fluid, higher tempo football can actually do to support players leading the line - and the team as a whole.

We're making more opportunities as a team, and Dom is now reaping the rewards of this.

50-50 balls: the lad doesn't want to know.

If he had half the bravery Richarlison has then he'd be ok. He really needs to watch and learn from Richarlison in the time the Brazillian has left here.

Richarlison is the real deal; Calvert-Lewin isn't.

Well, I disagree wholeheartedly. The lad has a lot to work on, but I'm satisfied with his aggression and ability to use his presence so far this season. He's not Richarlison, but we don't give out about Bernard not being Messi. He is what he is, a solid striker trending upwards with a few glaring holes in his game. That sentence could apply to almost every good 22 year old playing at the top level.

50-50 balls: the lad doesn't want to know.

If he had half the bravery Richarlison has then he'd be ok. He really needs to watch and learn from Richarlison in the time the Brazillian has left here.

Richarlison is the real deal; Calvert-Lewin isn't.

Care to comment this time?

6th in the league in ALL positions for aerial duels won. Yet again, I make you look a fool.

Only 2 strikers ahead of him both trash.

I've got to be honest mate before Dunc took over I just didn't see him as the complete forward we needed at the time .
He second guessed every move beat bigger defenders for strength but let smaller players boss him about .
Now I see a forward with decent physical strength and a poachers instinct . That goal yesterday for instance . Now he has a strikers instinct and Dunc's arrogance . Now he is all over the box like me with the missus when all the kids go out .
If you could see the potential he is showing now in the last 18 odd months , I sincerely bow to you .
In fairness mate, all most of his supporters on here have ever been saying is that he is young and needs to be given a chance to develop. Exactly the same with our other young players like Davies, Holgate and Kenny.

There are tons of people in here who write youngsters off when they are barely out of their teens, sometimes when they are still in their teens as we're seeing with Moise Kean at the moment. I've always defended all of our young players on here and it's great when you see the like of Dom and Mason dong so well.

Not all of them do come good of course, and what I find strange is that many of the doubters on here get some weird sense of satisfaction from having been proved right whenever that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.