2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which he does.
He doesn't fancy 50-50 challeneges, that much is clear. He certainly wont get in where there's any chance he'll be clattered.

His only running that helps the tream is out wide chasing lost causes. That's it. Central and back to goal he doesn't do much other than amble across the opposition back four and jump in the general direction of the ball if it's lofted into the box.

I was wrong about him. When I seen that video of him Rooney an klassen doing like a finishing drill. I never thought he would even get double figures in a season.

He still isn’t a natural finisher for me anyway but he’s young an he’s improving all the time. Getting in the right positions to get the tap ins. He is only going to get better to working with Carlo. Am made up for the lad. I couldn’t be happy to be wrong an it’s boss to see him an Everton doing well.

Well it's not looking a gift horse in the mouth, is it?

He's handed a starting place every week and he's handsomely rewarded for it.

He's been playing professional football for 5 years, and I expect in a PL striker basics - like combativity and the ability to make intelligent runs.
In fairness I do think that under Ancelotti his movement and positioning has improved dramatically

He doesn't fancy 50-50 challeneges, that much is clear. He certainly wont get in where there's any chance he'll be clattered.

His only running that helps the tream is out wide chasing lost causes. That's it. Central and back to goal he doesn't do much other than amble across the opposition back four and jump in the general direction of the ball if it's lofted into the box.
Now I like you Dave, but this post is probably the most garbage post I’ve seen in this forum. Doesn’t like 50-50 challenges? Won’t go in where he will get clattered? I’ve seen him boss and bully and own big experienced centre halves. Not always, but I’ve seen it. Maybe that wasn’t so clear in your internet feed.

Now I like you Dave, but this post is probably the most garbage post I’ve seen in this forum. Doesn’t like 50-50 challenges? Won’t go in where he will get clattered? I’ve seen him boss and bully and own big experienced centre halves. Not always, but I’ve seen it. Maybe that wasn’t so clear in your internet feed.
Nope, you've seen him go into them from side on or behind, but you wont see him head on facing these defenders and gambling to get across them. Remember the Palace away game last season when he pulled out of committing to a driven cross from Richarlison? He's done it many times since (including yesterday where he failed to make contact with a cross, he would have done if he was 100% committed to getting there).

In understand it, I wouldn't want a boot in the face or an elbow to the side of the head or a forearm smash from an oncoming GK either, but he gets paid to face that.

Nope, you've seen him go into them from side on or behind, but you wont see him head on facing these defenders and gambling to get across them. Remember the Palace away game last season when he pulled out of committing to a driven cross from Richarlison? He's done it many times since (including yesterday where he failed to make contact with a cross, he would have done if he was 100% committed to getting there).

In understand it, I wouldn't want a boot in the face or an elbow to the side of the head or a forearm smash from an oncoming GK either, but he gets paid to face that.
Absolute garbage Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.