2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slate lukaku who had a 1 in 2 goal record over his 4 years with us

Go to extreme lengths to defend a striker who's had 1 good scoring month in 4 years

Baffle me you do

Nothing baffling about it at all......

One player was a £28m investment who spent his time here telling press how he wanted to go elsewhere whilst strolling around getting his 1 in 2 ratio of whatever it was against the west hams and Sunderlands whilst bottling semi finals....

Yeah he liked to make himself look good whilst intimating to the press that we were crap....

The other lad is a £1.5m player who by the age of 19 had already surpassed lukakus ability to control a ball, to win a header, to battle centre halves, but has kicked on further in that regard and sharpened up his finishing to the point that he's on target to hit 18 prem goals with zero penalties....... does t tell the press he wants a move or wants to play for x y or z.... he says he wants to get better and help Everton improve.... not much to dislike.

One player was a £28m investment who spent his time here telling press how he wanted to go elsewhere whilst strolling around getting his 1 in 2 ratio of whatever it was against the west hams and Sunderlands whilst bottling semi finals....

Yeah he liked to make himself look good whilst intimating to the press that we were crap....

The other lad is a £1.5m player who by the age of 19 had already surpassed lukakus ability to control a ball, to win a header, to battle centre halves, but has kicked on further in that regard and sharpened up his finishing to the point that he's on target to hit 18 prem goals with zero penalties....... does t tell the press he wants a move or wants to play for x y or z.... he says he wants to get better and help Everton improve.... not much to dislike.

Lukaku had a season at the age of 23 where he scored 25 goals in the Premier League. That 28m became 75m when we sold him.

I like the player DCL is becoming but he is nowhere near the player Lukaku was for us.

HhahahahHH you are great. Keep up the good work

Lukaku had a season at the age of 23 where he scored 25 goals in the Premier League. That 28m became 75m when we sold him.

I like the player DCL is becoming but he is nowhere near the player Lukaku was for us.
Lukaku was also a prodigy. He scored 15 goals in the Belgian league at age 16 and debuted for Belgium at 17. DCL has only been playing first team football as a regular striker for 3 seasons. His first year we regularly played him on the wing. So despite now being older he has less experience than Rom did when we initially loaned him.

I know we are always going to compare them because DCL has somehow become Rom's replacement, but let's at least be smarter than saying DCL isn't Rom so he isn't good. He's a solid player right now, he's likely to get 15 goals in a pretty poor side creatively and he's still on an upward curve developmentally. He's a good one.

Lukaku was also a prodigy. He scored 15 goals in the Belgian league at age 16 and debuted for Belgium at 17. DCL has only been playing first team football as a regular striker for 3 seasons. His first year we regularly played him on the wing. So despite now being older he has less experience than Rom did when we initially loaned him.

I know we are always going to compare them because DCL has somehow become Rom's replacement, but let's at least be smarter than saying DCL isn't Rom so he isn't good. He's a solid player right now, he's likely to get 15 goals in a pretty poor side creatively and he's still on an upward curve developmentally. He's a good one.

I said I liked the player he is becoming.

Lol England will have to be very short for DCL to play, seeing him start for Everton is bad enough but watching him for England, i think I’ll forget football exists over the summer. The lads ok and he works hard enough, but I have seen nothing that makes me think he will be any better than an average striker. Being an Everton fan I hope he proves me wrong, but if we do improve I feel we need better in his position.

England are very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.