2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just really praised him up haven’t we lol. He seems like a decent lad, but for the life of me I can’t see why some rate him so highly. Imo average at best.

He has definitely improved. But I'm not convinced he will ever be a top forward which we need. I just dont think he will score enough. He has no shooting left foot either. I think he needs to be really aggressive to play well. In fairness to him I have seen more of that recently.

He has definitely improved. But I'm not convinced he will ever be a top forward which we need. I just dont think he will score enough. He has no shooting left foot either. I think he needs to be really aggressive to play well. In fairness to him I have seen more of that recently.
Yes. I'm a long time critic, but even his misses yesterday seemed to be at least more threatening than normal. Still convinced he needs to be replaced, but am happy to give him more time on the fringes of the team to see how he goes.

We would of been 7th still without him.

DCL is coming on slightly but the hours he has had this season he should be doing more, if Kean had those minutes I'm sure he would.
474 for Kean but 1295 for DCL is a real shame
Dcl has 8 goals and I'd say he's coming along nicely. Kean, if he is good, will get his chance but it's up to him to take it.

I have not checked the stats yesterday buy would guess that DCL ran himself ragged as did
Richarlison.

I think he has establsihed himself and would be surprised if Carlo got a number 9 to replace him when midfield,
right full back and the wings need more attention. The day when Carlo gives him a winger who can give DCL some
decent centres and passes then we will see DCL's real capability.

I think DCL has the attributes , but will never be a 20 goal striker.

Graeme Sharp was never a 20 goal a season striker. The most he scored in the league was 18 at a time there was 42 games in the league. In fact, DCL is showing Sharpie's best scoring form if you calculate the goals per game. Sadly, the DCL haters wouldn't know that as their maths skills is as bad as their football understanding.

I bypassed that because it’s obvious. It doesn’t need to be said. They are fantastic ballers, bambi is certainly not. I never said you can’t be a forward unless you are a goal machine that’s a strawman you are making up for me. But bambi needs to be a slotter at the very least because there’s no way on gods green earth he’s turning into a bergkamp in a million billion years.

Gana Gueye isnt a fantastic baller.... you would have him in midfield ahead of Gylfi who is a far more technically competent and talented player.

Using your flawed logic... you would be saying that you can't play Gana cos he can't split a defence with a pass.

DCL.... like most people with a bit of intelligence can see.... is not a natural finisher. But if you get a finisher next to him then they will bang in goals for fun.

No mate. He coulda, and probably shoulda, but missing chances are part of the game. I mean if every "has to score" moment resulted in goals we'd be looking at regular double digit wins and the often 9-7 score line.

Thing is though, if he scored the first one - where he spun on the pen spot - he probably doesn’t get the other two chances

Any top striker buries all of them - wheter it leads to a hat trick or just individual goals. They were unbelievable chances to kill the game off

Status
Not open for further replies.