2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve scored 25 league goals in 22 games, it’s nowhere near enough, we need two proper strikers in the summer.

We need to learn how to pass the ball better and attack quicker.

It has been improving lately though. I think people don't realize just how much our midfield effects our lack of goals. We have been missing our two starting mids all season which had made us pretty static.

“just like Firminho doesn't..... like Di Canio didn't, like GudJonssen, Dugarry, Bergkamp, giroud.”

ok ok NOW I’ve heard it all. Lord all mighty.

If he becomes a quarter of the player of any of them. He can be forgiving for a subpar goal return. Right now he’s a million miles away from that.

I never said he will be that type of player.... pretty sure I actually mentioned that.

You conveniently bypassed the fact that these players were non goalscoring forwards...... their involvement wasn't because of their goal tallies. So tell me, if you can't be a forward who does t score plenty of goals..... why were these guys so highly rated???

I never said he will be that type of player.... pretty sure I actually mentioned that.

You conveniently bypassed the fact that these players were non goalscoring forwards...... their involvement wasn't because of their goal tallies. So tell me, if you can't be a forward who does t score plenty of goals..... why were these guys so highly rated???

I bypassed that because it’s obvious. It doesn’t need to be said. They are fantastic ballers, bambi is certainly not. I never said you can’t be a forward unless you are a goal machine that’s a strawman you are making up for me. But bambi needs to be a slotter at the very least because there’s no way on gods green earth he’s turning into a bergkamp in a million billion years.

How's that Dom's fault???????

You are saying that France won the World Cup with their cf not being required to score. I’m pointing out that if we want to do this then we have to buy two amazing forwards to play up top with him. This means buying two while also playing 4-3-3 which not one of our mids can do. So we can either sign 5 players to accomodate our striker that can’t shoot or we could just buy a striker that can finish

Who chipped in either side of DCL today to score the winner?

What are you talking about ... either side of DCL? They’re not playing in a 3 for a start and you will always have players scoring. Mate look how many crosses and chances we had today, they hit the bar and had us under constant pressure for the last 15mins. Make no mistake we totally deserved the win but it could quite easily have ended up different if their [Poor language removed] hit the underside of the bar. Look at the chances we had against the RS last week, we should have batteries them in the first half. It is possible to be successful without a striker that scores 20-30 goals you’re right. The realistic and more likely outcome of you don’t have a good sticker is that the goals they would score that usually kill games off don’t happen and points are dropped and games are lost as a result and therefore you’re more likely to be unsuccessful

I think you'd be surprised. Everyone lamented him and his pointless goals and thought we'd be better off without him.
We would of been 7th still without him.

DCL is coming on slightly but the hours he has had this season he should be doing more, if Kean had those minutes I'm sure he would.
474 for Kean but 1295 for DCL is a real shame

Status
Not open for further replies.