2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that even handball? I thought where the sleeve badge is isn't classed as handball?

Was that really a bad miss hitting it down to Ryan's right? Is it even a 1v1?

Also, that back heel for to Rich to slip Walcott in was absolutely shocking link up play. Sell him. :pint2:

He doesn't need to score that many.... just like Firminho doesn't..... like Di Canio didn't, like GudJonssen, Dugarry, Bergkamp, giroud....all pretty much front men whose input wasn't measured on goals scored.

Some may have been assist kings, some clever players who made space for others, DCL brings his own attributes which the most successful manager in Europe rates more important than a £20m prodigy in Kean

“just like Firminho doesn't..... like Di Canio didn't, like GudJonssen, Dugarry, Bergkamp, giroud.”

ok ok NOW I’ve heard it all. Lord all mighty.

If he becomes a quarter of the player of any of them. He can be forgiving for a subpar goal return. Right now he’s a million miles away from that.

We need at least two fast midfielders mate....

I agree mate - but DCL's strengths are everything but goalscoring

That isnt good when our entire attack line are not prolific - Bernard, Walcott, DCL, Richarlison.

We cant keep relying on a striker/winger hybrid in Richarlison for goals.

Ancelotti either signs our own Mane and Salah or he has to replace DCL with a goal scoring CF as we need more than 1 player being a threat at goal.

I agree mate - but DCL's strengths are everything but goalscoring

That isnt good when our entire attack line are not prolific - Bernard, Walcott, DCL, Richarlison.

We cant keep relying on a striker/winget hybrid in Richarlison for goals.

Ancelotti either signs our own Mane and Salah our he has to replace DCL with a goal scoring CF.
They are miles ahead of us sad to say their kids proved that last week our midfield overrun ....

“just like Firminho doesn't..... like Di Canio didn't, like GudJonssen, Dugarry, Bergkamp, giroud.”

ok ok NOW I’ve heard it all. Lord all mighty.

If he becomes a quarter of the player of any of them. He can be forgiving for a subpar goal return. Right now he’s a million miles away from that.

Must admit never thought I’d see DCL in the same sentence as Dennis Bergkamp. Jesus, that man was a magician.

They are miles ahead of us sad to say their kids proved that last week our midfield overrun ....

Its not just them mate even outside the top 6 - look at Leicester who have Vardy, Perez, Maddison, Tielemans who are all threats on goal

Wolves lesser extent but have Jimenez, Jota with the likes of Cutrone and Traore in the background.

If we have genuine ambitions we need more goal threats in the team we cant keep hoping for 1-0 Davey Moyes results based on hustle and bustle.

Is that even handball? I thought where the sleeve badge is isn't classed as handball?

Was that really a bad miss hitting it down to Ryan's right? Is it even a 1v1?

Also, that back heel for to Rich to slip Walcott in was absolutely shocking link up play. Sell him. :pint2:

I think it probably was handball but it's very close to shoulder.

He took the shot in the 1 v 1 too early. He should gone in closer and asked the defender if he wanted to dive in and the keeper if he was coming off the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.