2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's definitely good enough to be in our squad. That's never been in question for me.

The question is can he score enough goals and finish well enough to help us challenge higher up the league. Far too early to know the answer to that, and it's still looking doubtful, but the signs are much more encouraging.

He's showing clear signs of improvement this season and works his backside off for the team, so cant really ask much more at this stage. But he needs to keep improving because if the finishing clicks then he's gonna be very good.

No exactly. I’m not knocking him at all, I’m just saying it’s weird. He doesn’t seem to have changed much but suddenly the goals are flowing. He’s not done any of the things I would have said he needed to do to become ‘a goal scorer’ and yet he has. I hope it carries on.
Like I say experience, especially in professional sports is something you can't buy. Having that number at his age is a Huge responsibility! A full blooded support from our fans should be the least he can expect.

No exactly. I’m not knocking him at all, I’m just saying it’s weird. He doesn’t seem to have changed much but suddenly the goals are flowing. He’s not done any of the things I would have said he needed to do to become ‘a goal scorer’ and yet he has. I hope it carries on.
You can't ignore the effort, and his link to our midfield, he really is becoming, a top around CF - his hold up, play his lay offs, always been an asset now a row of goals ...
I stated patience was needed it's looking positive for DCL may it continue......

Aguero, Vardy, Kane...yesterdays news. We have the future. We’ve got DCL!

He’s in bit of purple patch right now, and he’s going to get better.

From just the first 5 pages...

tenor.gif

I’m not on the list ... always rated DCL me

I thought when he switched to the number 9 shirt it was a brave move as that was bringing extra pressure. However he seems to have responded and perhaps deserves the number now. He has scored 8 in 18 league games so if he stays fit and plays in all the remaining league games and keeps that scoring record up he will end with 16 goals. Apart from Lukaku that would be the best return we've had from any player in the PL era. He also brings others into the game. I'm now downgrading the need for a new striker until the summer when we can decide whether DCL will be first choice or just back up. One thing is for certain if they are both fit Tosun should never be selected ahead of him again.

Kinell couple of decent games and goals and he's the next Harry kane again

Vaulting people for calling him garbage when at the time he was garbage

Fair enough if he keeps it up, it'll save us a lot of doe but he's had 1 good scoring month in 3 years and people going mad

Happy to be proved wrong like but still early days

I’m replying to this to vault it. Exactly my thoughts catching up on last nights malarkey.

The guy couldn’t hit a barn door if it was close enough to smack him in the face the last two years... and at the start of this season too.. it wasn’t that he wasn’t pulling of Worldies he was literally missing tap ins. So any concern to his effectiveness was well justified...

There won’t be an Evertonian who isn’t happy to see him score, but there is serious risk of getting ahead of ourselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.