2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is for years and years we have been playing one up top, it’s rarely worked (lukaku did ok playing up there on his own). All our managers have failed to see that’s what was needed until Dunc came in, Ancelotti has took that on and we are getting results with DCL scoring more and I don't think it will be long until Kean is doing the same.

Kean won’t be prolific here.

People thought that about DCL.

DCL is hardly prolific.

He's having a decent season post Silva in which the squad is galvanised and we are going through a bit of a new manager bounce from Dunc.

As I said he'll have to continue this form not just all season but next aswell if he's the answer to that Lukaku shaped hole up top.

If not he's still a decent squad player for us but we would need someone proven up top.

Kean won’t be prolific here.
I beg to differ, I think if now one comes in and him and DCL did become a partnership, I would expect to see Kean score much more than DCL. Kean is more of a natural goal scorer, just think DCL has played in more than a 100 games here, to start seeing a bit of promise, Kean has hardly played and is 3 years younger.

He's got a half decent record vs City hasn't he? Seem to remember him scoring in a couple of games against them.
Yes but this time for me it’s different, with our current run we are on the up, we are only 5 points off spurs a win against city would propel us up to a position we would never thought was possible a few weeks back. But if he scores in a 1-1 draw I’ll be happy.

TBH I'm still not convinced that he is a natural goalscorer but his attititude and work rate can never be denied.
Well he did his best to miss the second one yesterday, if that had gone past the post, all his lover would be knocking him today, he was extremely lucky that one went in. But he had to be in there to get the chance, so that’s a good sign.

TBH I'm still not convinced that he is a natural goalscorer but his attititude and work rate can never be denied.

Me either, but with the right players around him he won't need to be. He's looking great in a two and has showed his worth coming off the bench plenty in the last couple of seasons. Whether he's netting 20 a season or not I think he'll be an important squad player at the very least.

No they don’t, but can you tell me what he’s doing now that he wasn’t a year ago? I doubt it. He doesn’t seem to be doing much different but now things are going for him. Hopefully that continues.

1. he’s had a run of games, instead of being swapped out for Richy or Tosun

2. He’s not playing isolated in a 4231, he’s been playing alongside a second striker

3. He’s getting better service than he was when he had Gylfi behind him as a crap 10

1. he’s had a run of games, instead of being swapped out for Richy or Tosun

2. He’s not playing isolated in a 4231, he’s been playing alongside a second striker

3. He’s getting better service than he was when he had Gylfi behind him as a crap 10
I don’t think any of those things really answer the point to be honest. They’re all potentially true don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure they answer why he’s scored more goals. He has had runs in the team and good service before but not been able to score.

Kept his head up and worked hard through the barren period. Starting to reap the rewards. I’m chuffed to bits for him. Still plenty of development time for him. At worst he will be a decent premier standard striker. At best.... the new Sharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.