2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant playing today and Thursday and putting in so much effort. Thought his first goal today was what I've always wanted to see more of from him, being in the right place at the right time (Richarlison has a knack of doing it) , the second goal was simple but it's them sort of chances he's often gone for and missed the ball by a split second - made up this time it went right and I hope he keeps it up because then he'll shut a lot of people up who've been on here for the past 2 years moaning.

The lad is massively benefitting from having someone playing up alongside him. His first goal today is exactly the type of goal I want to see him scoring and one that I didn’t think he had in him. Just shows when he isn’t doing the running of two forwards he can get himself in the right positions, which is something Ancelotti immediately referenced he needed to improve on. If we keep playing him as part of a pair up top he’ll keep scoring. 15 prem goals has to be his target for the season now and if he gets there then he’ll have had a fantastic season.

Nice bit of psychology by Ancelotti today.

Imagine as a young player, having one of the worlds best managers, who has worked with Inzaghi, Crespo, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski and Drogba saying he thinks you can be a top european striker - Dom must feel on top of the world

If he has a big end to the season I’ve got no doubt he’d make the England Euros squad, wouldn’t that me immense if he could make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.