2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not shocking at all, he’s a championship player.

Mentioned previously, he’s one of those players who somehow got a gig in the PL (think Jay Spearing) but soon ends up at his natural level. He’s the reverse of Jamie Vardy.

I think people are being kind abt DCL being a 'championship' level player. Championship level forwards have to be good finishes too, decent footballers who can link play. He is none of those things, he might be relegation battler at best but I don't see it.

DCL is quick, but doesn't even use that attribute well, that's about it. I can't believe he's played 100 times for Everton.

Laughable that a proud club like ours has dcl as our number 9. Championship forward. We Will be at his level next season if we marco keeps playing him. Such an important position.
Actually, this is an important point....when you first saw DCL run out with the number 9 shirt on....didnt you have even a little sinking feeling.....thats what our once great club has come too....

DCL is a developing striker, could have done with a loan. What he shouldn't be is first choice for a club looking to break top 6.
Failing to buy a proven goalscorer, a Dzeko or Mandzukic has resulted in over reliance on him.

DCL is going to make a lot of people in this thread look really stupid in the future.

He’s a decent player now, certainly premier league level but his ceiling is potentially really high.

I think he’s massively underrated myself.
I agree to a degree but sometimes he fails at even the basic center forward stuff, I think he needs to start showing improvements to get to the stage where you're thinking of.

Even the big clubs try out a player to see how they develop. Eventually they bin them. We aren't a big club so players like DCL tend to get a lot more games before they get binned.

Status
Not open for further replies.