2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What blinkers? It's 100% is a terrible miss. I like the lad but I'm not gonna make excuses when he misses easy chances like that, The whole right side is a gaping hole for him to stick it in.

Nah...the goalkeeping was outstanding. Nothing was open to him cause the keeper was that quick and unconventional with his save. If he’d lashed at it with his week foot then maybe hed have had a chance but then everyone would have moaned that he panicked and he could have controlled it.

If the goalkeeping has been normal, ie a big spread like they are coached to do in those circumstances, like De Gea did the next day, what Pickford did for De Bruyne’s missed chance from the same place DCL would have scored as he tried to lift it over Ederson’s spread on the left side.

Ederson just done brilliant and was very quick.

Nah...the goalkeeping was outstanding. Nothing was open to him cause the keeper was that quick and unconventional with his save. If he’d lashed at it with his week foot then maybe hed have had a chance but then everyone would have moaned that he panicked and he could have controlled it.

If the goalkeeping has been normal, ie a big spread like they are coached to do in those circumstances, like De Gea did the next day, what Pickford did for De Bruyne’s missed chance from the same place DCL would have scored as he tried to lift it over Ederson’s spread on the left side.

We've got our wires mixed up m8 because I was on about the Villa miss. I don't consider his 1 on 1 with Ederson a sitter although he should have hit it with his left tbh, Re-reading back on my post I can see why you've thought I was on about that.

We've got our wires mixed up m8 because I was on about the Villa miss. I don't consider his 1 on 1 with Ederson a sitter although he should have hit it with his left tbh, Re-reading back on my post I can see why you've thought I was on about that.

Sorry mate....the Villa miss was a shocker.

I personally thought DCL was really poor a few weeks back, even by his own not so high standards, but it’s not just him scoring a few recently, I actually think he has gone been a bit better in the last 2 weeks.

Hopefully he can keep it up and continue scoring but your right about that Villa miss, it was a shocker.

If we play championship teams every week we might avoid relegation to it!
Are city championship opposition?

They’ve looked ok to me so far this season. It’s a game of opinions though so fair enough.

Look, is DCL the finished article? No. Is he going to prove himself to be top 6 standard long term? Maybe not.

However, it looks to me like he’s the best we’ve got until at least January. Probably the summer.

You’ve got 2 choices. 1- stick to your guns and keep slagging him because you said he was bad 3 weeks ago and you’d rather he be rubbish than you be wrong.

Or 2- recognize that while he may not be the striker we need long term, he’s a young lad who’s improving. He’ll hopefully get us goals while definitely working hard for the team.

I understand yours and everyone else’s concerns around DCL. I know the majority think differently to me. Fair enough.

But while he’s scoring goals I don’t consider him the problem.

'Just done brilliant' as it is a football forum I shall make no comment.

He does a job better than he probably should. He’s not a good enough centre forward for a top six push but his attitude is exemplary and he’d be another option from the bench where he can improve if he wasn’t first choice. He shouldn’t be first choice for a struggling team under such pressure but that is down to us not buying well. If this guy ain’t good enough then blame Brands not DCL. He’s getting picked every week and he’s just doing his best.
Wish he was Tammy Abraham!

Status
Not open for further replies.