2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Revisionism at its finest.

However you dress it up, it was a sitter.

It was a good chance. It wasn't a sitter, there were people on the line, it has been revised to him missing an open goal from two yards with nobody within a mile of him.

Loads of our players miss good chances (poor decision making again usually...)

If DCL starts every game in the league we will be relegated. Its that simple.
Not quite that simple

He’s scored 4 in his last 3 apps

If he continues to score regularly and we tighten up a bit we’ll finish top half (probably)

Jesus. DCL can’t do right for doing wrong.

He might not be an elite level striker, but he has some good qualities and also has scope to improve.

Just going on this season, DCL is getting plenty of stick while playing up front on his own, playing quite well, scored four and gets on with the game, no moans or sulks out of him, on the other hand Richarlison has had a very poor season, IMO, and gets an almost free ride, while sulking most games, feigning injury, running into blind alleys,doesn’t seem to see his team mates in better positions,gets a walkover from most on here.

That Villa chance is massively exaggerated. It was a decent chance but its not like he missed from a yard out either.

I just think a lot of people are missing a bigger issue. Of course we can improve on DCL but we really need to sort out the lack of creativity and the abysmal decision making and movement throughout the side.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

F4E8197C-81E9-4BE2-9F6C-43D5623D6736.jpeg

Not quite that simple

He’s scored 4 in his last 3 apps

If he continues to score regularly and we tighten up a bit we’ll finish top half (probably)

Jesus. DCL can’t do right for doing wrong.

He might not be an elite level striker, but he has some good qualities and also has scope to improve.

If we play championship teams every week we might avoid relegation to it!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

View attachment 67980

Comes at pace, hits it first time, 4 players in front of him.

He should have scored but lets not pretend its Ronny Rosenthal hitting the bar from a yard out with an empty goal in front of him. Its hardly one that's going down in folklore is it?

Comes at pace, hits it first time, 4 players in front of him.

He should have scored but lets not pretend its Ronny Rosenthal hitting the bar from a yard out with an empty goal in front of him. Its hardly one that's going down in folklore is it?
I don't know how you can defend this m8, I really don't.

View attachment 67980

I guess from a knee jerk perspective it seems DCL9 could have slot the ball into a virtually empty goal on one side.

However, looking at his body shape it would have been difficult for DCL9 to do so unless the ball was slightly further ahead. DCL9 instead took a contrarian approach, as you can see in the above picture, and was unlucky not to score.

Also, who ever took the picture probably put DCL9 off with his flash on his camera.

Is it a glaring miss? Probably not. Do I have to view the world through the lens of a kneejerker? No way.

He is a frustrating player at time but he works hard on the pitch. Have to get backing him to be the striker we need. Still believe that he needs another forward(Moise Kean) to pair with him to get his full potential. Keep showing out this year young man!

He missed a decent chance. So what? It happens.

This is a problem with a lot of our fans, everything is so drastic. Sterling missed a better chance against us this past week, it happens.
No I completely agree but I don't know why you're trying to make excuses for the miss, An absolute sitter nothing more nothing less and we move on.
Also the difference with Sterling is he can get 15-20 a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.