2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we lost 2 of those games and then the other was a team a league below

Someone mentioned above at least he's getting into the positions to kiss those chances, actually a good point that. He wasn't even doing that a few months ago

What's he supposed to do about the defence being poor atm? He held up his part of the bargain, no?

He isn't a bad header of the ball at all like. His strongest part of his game (along with his work rate).

Just a shame its with his feet that he misses all the good chances.
In all honesty he's a huge athlete, but a pretty average footballer. I think he'll always be described as a useful player rather than a top class striker

In all honesty he's a huge athlete, but a pretty average footballer. I think he'll always be described as a useful player rather than a top class striker

Average is being kind mate.

As I say to anyone who asks regarding DCL, i dont like to criticise because hes one of the few at the club who genuinely work hard and it's not through a lack of effort, but he is an abysmal forward at Premier League level.

If he wasn't on his own all game and players anticipated his flick-ons we would be a lot better off. He is doing what is asked of him, no one else is working with him.
Richarlison and Iwobi last week just watching him flick the ball on, neither making runs in behind.(that was stated by the pundits by the way not me).

And we lost 2 of those games and then the other was a team a league below

Someone mentioned above at least he's getting into the positions to kiss those chances, actually a good point that. He wasn't even doing that a few months ago

Really doesn’t matter. If he keeps finding the back of the net at this rate he’ll have a very good season for us. if these are the only goals he scores or season then it’s a problem.
My point is that he is actually on track, performing ok in terms of where people thought he was. So the tone on this thread should change to reflect that 4 goals so far is a return for a young striker. His confidence might improve if the fans were off his back.

Really doesn’t matter. If he keeps finding the back of the net at this rate he’ll have a very good season for us. if these are the only goals he scores or season then it’s a problem.
My point is that he is actually on track, performing ok in terms of where people thought he was. So the tone on this thread should change to reflect that 4 goals so far is a return for a young striker. His confidence might improve if the fans were off his back.
So all we need to do is keep playing lower league b teams or give him tap ins from an inch out

If he wasn't on his own all game and players anticipated his flick-ons we would be a lot better off. He is doing what is asked of him, no one else is working with him.
Richarlison and Iwobi last week just watching him flick the ball on, neither making runs in behind.(that was stated by the pundits by the way not me).

This is very true, I felt Gylfi done it loads on Saturday (wasn't anticipating any flick ons or knock downs) and at least Iwobi was making runs 2nd half on the assumption CL would win the header.

We have a lot of players very slow to react to footballing situations

Status
Not open for further replies.