2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the 50/50 he dropped out of was almost as disappointing as the miss.

He picked his game up massively at the end of last season but key moments like this seem to happen in every game. Part of me wonders what they're actually working with him on in training
Heat maps and stamina

I feel like the 50/50 he dropped out of was almost as disappointing as the miss.

He picked his game up massively at the end of last season but key moments like this seem to happen in every game. Part of me wonders what they're actually working with him on in training
To be fair I can see what they’ve worked on. He’s definitely a significantly better all round footballer than he was 12 months ago, I don’t think many people would debate that. What he’s lacking though, I’m not sure you can coach. It’s instinct, composure, and desire that he doesn’t have.

Ha Ha Ha

A player who hasn’t found the back of the net for well over a 1000 minutes, with an average of 1 goal every 8 games played and we have fans who would change the teams formation in an attempt to get the best out of him.

We are f’d as a club if we are building around Calvert-Lewin.
About 3 of them were 'headers' that came off his shoulder

There needs to be an inquiry on how a player like this survives so long in the first team, it's not enough to bin him.

At the end of the day, he does not pick himself.

This cant happen again.

If I were one of the lads who had to go out on loan and got no chances or hardly any to prove myself I would feel very agrieved right now seeing the chances that lad was afforded to prove himself.

Last edited:
To be fair I can see what they’ve worked on. He’s definitely a significantly better all round footballer than he was 12 months ago, I don’t think many people would debate that. What he’s lacking though, I’m not sure you can coach. It’s instinct, composure, and desire that he doesn’t have.

He is not a striker. He quite simply cannot put the ball in the net. Bin....

For me he’s not good enough to wear the No.9 at Everton, simple as. Work rate and a good attitude aren’t enough at this level, the lad doesn’t score enough goals.

He didn’t deserve his starting role last night and did nothing to change my view during the game.

What other team in the premiership play 2 strikers upfront apart from Arsenal.
I’m not really bothered about other teams, 1 up front has rarely worked for us. It would if we had a decent striker it worked quite well when Lukaku was here, but he’s not here now and all we have up front is total gross (I’m not including Kean yet as he hasn’t had his chance yet)

His lack of goals is worrying,but its the lack of finishing easy chances at vital times thats worse,Palace at 0-0 a simple header he puts wide,we take the lead and chances are we score a couple more,yesterday again 0-0,we had quietened the crowd down,another glorious chance and again it more than likely changes the outcome were we could have won comfortably

Status
Not open for further replies.