2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha that was standard Calvert Lewin, only this number 9 can have a decent ball played through to him only for him to somehow cock it up and have it bounce back into our own half from his heels.
Not so sure about that, Lukakku had a bit of a reputation for being unable to trap/control a ball played to him but at least he knew were the onion bag was.

He did nothing more than what players like Shane Long do last season mate.

Some of our fans go on like he was putting in Aguero esque performances last year which is false.

plus, as we are finding out niow, our last ten games of last season were all dead rubbers with zero pressure on anyone...

back to the games with pressure and hey ho, no one wants to know

Love this forum sometimes. Calvert lewin has now been compared to:

Harry Kane
Marcus rashford
Alan shearer
Romelu Lukaku

Just take a minute to absorb those comparisons. And we're supposed to be a knowledgeable fan base.
Who on earth compared that lad to those players?!

Harry Kane
Marcus rashford
Alan shearer
Romelu Lukaku

Just take a minute to absorb those comparisons. And we're supposed to be a knowledgeable fan base.

Lukaku is an absolutely fair comparision as hes the last quality attacker we had.

DCL is never going to be a finisher. That miss yesterday is scored by goals who are able and confident to put it in a corner, rather than just 'hitting the target'

I'm not normally one who cares about what number somebody has on their shirt, but giving this lad the number 9 is an absolute joke. You put that notion in his mind that he's the main striker, sounds like he just straight up asked for it as well rather than actually earning it. The club put a lot faith in him and he hasn't repayed it, whatever, it happens - just get him out now. He's costing us too many points.

I'd honestly have Cenk in the side all day over DcL. He's never missing a chance like that.

I like Silva but I think he has managed some players poorly in his time here. DcL being one who he gives a completely unjustifiable amount of minutes to. Cenk as well, who was excommunicated too early last season. We were playing quite well at the start of last season and Cenk wasn't holding us back. Binning him that early also had the secondary effect of messing with Richarlison's position who was playing very well from the left side and he ended up getting shoe horned upfront.

I just hope Kean is the answer. If he needs too much time this season to click, which may well given his very tender age, then we'll be doing absolutely nothing. You need goals and as it stands, we don't look like scoring too many. Positives from yesterday though are that I thought Iwobi and Kean looked very useful off the bench. And whilst Richarlison's end product was horrible, I thought some of his driving runs and control in the first half were very promising, I sense that he'll be back up to speed shortly - well, I hope!

Harry Kane
Marcus rashford
Alan shearer
Romelu Lukaku

That is nowhere near the full list we had last season before the tides of opinion turned against him

Status
Not open for further replies.