2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated post:

For some reason I really want this guy to succeed. (Same applies to our other players, but I am more supportive of the younger players like Davies, Kenny, Kean, Richarlison & co). DCL is likeable and works hard and I just wish he would score a few to get that pressure of his back, and to get some confidence. I really hope as fans we are more patient and forgiving than this especially to younger players, and give him some more time. And especially as we know nothing about attitude, training, work ethic, and their performance at Finch Farm - we can leave all that to Silva and if he wants to call out players by name in public it must be for motivation or to challenge them.
Not everyone matures and makes it at 18, 22, 23, even 25, and maybe he's just a late developer. It's ok! Maybe he's not a natural finisher but he might learn or he might be one of those Giroud types in the future who links play well. It's ok he'll come together! Or he won't but while he's in blue he's one of us!
We need more young players coming through our ranks and we need to be a club that doesn't only buy their way to success. We can't afford to do that and we can't afford to compete financially with other clubs yet. We know this lad is into social media , we know many players are, so we could also reduce the abuse and be more encouraing. It's not our job to decide on quality and skills - we have put faith in an excellent DoF and Manager, and so I think our job is to give unconditional support to players who are also working hard and doing their best for Everton - it's not gonna spoil them or make them play badly! If we just support our players without question, the manager and DoF can decide whether they're good enough!

I don't care what anyone says, for some reason I really want this guy to succeed. DCL is likeable and works hard and I just wish he would score a few to get that pressure of his back, and to get some confidence. I really hope as fans we are more patient than this, and give him some more time. Not everyone matures and makes it at 22, 23, even 25, and maybe he's just a late developer. IT's ok! We need more young players coming through our ranks and we need to be a club that doesn't only buy their way to success. We can't afford it. We know this lad is into social media , we know many players are, and i think we're ok giving unconditional support - it's not gonna spoil them or make them play badly? If we just support our players without question, the manager and DoF can decide whether they're good enough!

Might as well shut this forum down then... Imagine watching football and not having opinions on the players.

Updated my post
Obviously I want opinions and Football would be less than half as interesting without opinions. But i'm just talking about that line between opinions and criticism and just stupid abuse where we just write off players so quickly. Especially our club needs to be patient cos we can't buy our way to quick success. And also if your opinion is that my opinion stinks what can I do? Hopefully we're still on the same page with supporting the club

Updated my post
Obviously I want opinions and Football would be less than half as interesting without opinions. But i'm just talking about that line between opinions and criticism and just stupid abuse where we just write off players so quickly. Especially our club needs to be patient cos we can't buy our way to quick success. And also if your opinion is that my opinion stinks what can I do? Hopefully we're still on the same page with supporting the club

Absolutely mate, but I don´t see much stupid abuse on here. People just generally voicing their opinions on a player. I very much doubt DCL has read one word of our thoughts and why should he? If he´s the next Harry Kane, everyone is made up. If he isn´t, then it won´t be down to the lads on GOT saying he can´t finish.

He's not scored a goal for 10 straight matches.

He's utter dog muck.

Nobody in their right mind given a striker who scores goals and one that doesn't is going to pick the one that can't do what a striker is supposed to do.

He belongs in the list with Kone, Sandro, Tosun, Naismith, Bent, Beattie.

The sooner he's out of the first team the better we will be.

Can we stop pretending strikers aren't supposed to score goals?
Haven't you heard mate, the days when strikers are required to score goals are long gone, honest, heard that on here.

Haven't you heard mate, the days when strikers are required to score goals are long gone, honest, heard that on here.

Yep who'd have thunk eh. The game has moved on apparently and strikers scoring goals is just so yesterday and not important any more as long as they have lots of energy and go at defences and it is just a massive coincidence that the 2018/19 premier league top goal scorers are predominantly all from the teams that finished in the top 6.

Nothing to do with making excuses and changing the goal posts for an Everton striker who cannot score to save his life.

Last edited:
The game had changed though they went 3 up top keen got in twice because of this as we broke away yes he had hard luck, but if DCL had missed those chances..,...?
For me both should have a spell on together as Sig tires .......

Difference is DCL never gets the same chances as his movement is crap.

An unfit sub, comes off the bench for 20 mins and has more chances than our 'fully fit' striker.

Says it all really.

Yeah, it's not like Aguerro, Kane, Vardy and Lukaku just score goals or anything. :confused:

Lukaku has won nothing. (well the Belgian league when he was like 16 or so)

Giroud won a world cup without scoring a goal.

It doesn't matter who is scoring as long as someone is doing so, luckily for us Richarlison and Sigurdsson weigh in with a decent amount.

Lukaku has won nothing. (well the Belgian league when he was like 16 or so)

Giroud won a world cup without scoring a goal.

It doesn't matter who is scoring as long as someone is doing so, luckily for us Richarlison and Sigurdsson weigh in with a decent amount.

Yeah, it doesn't matter who scores if we score enough goals as a team, which we don't with DCL playing.

The rest of his game doesn't add enough to our attack to compensate for his lack of goals.

It's one thing if he was a creative striker who's setting others up, but he's not. He just works hard, closes down defenders, holds the ball up well and brings others in to play.

He does all of those things to a good, not great, level. It's not enough imo to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.