2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until he starts finding the net, he is a role player rather than a starter for me. He is useful for the top sides, but he can’t break down an organized defense to save his life. I don’t think he and Sigurdsson mesh well in those situations either.

His movement is poor and his ability with the ball at his feet is average at best. As a midfielder he´s not the player you´d want in front of you. Must be frustrating.

State of the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread!

The lad's a good player!
He's not scored a goal for 10 straight matches.

He's utter dog muck.

Nobody in their right mind given a striker who scores goals and one that doesn't is going to pick the one that can't do what a striker is supposed to do.

He belongs in the list with Kone, Sandro, Tosun, Naismith, Bent, Beattie.

The sooner he's out of the first team the better we will be.

Can we stop pretending strikers aren't supposed to score goals?

His movement is poor and his ability with the ball at his feet is average at best. As a midfielder he´s not the player you´d want in front of you. Must be frustrating.
For sure. He’s a good long ball outlet and knows how to stretch the field, but I think he’d do much better with a dribbler that does all the work in the middle as opposed to a threader and Sigurdsson is definitely the latter. Dom just doesn’t have the movement for somebody to play him through.

He's utter dog muck.

Nobody in their right mind given a striker who scores goals and one that doesn't is going to pick the one that can't do what a striker is supposed to do.

he even said in his sky interview that hes in the team primarily to score goals and that's why he has been given the number 9.

BAFFLING

There no way bambi even makes them two chances for himself though
The game had changed though they went 3 up top keen got in twice because of this as we broke away yes he had hard luck, but if DCL had missed those chances..,...?
For me both should have a spell on together as Sig tires .......

He's utter dog muck.

Take a breath, or an apostrophe

When you use the term score in a brothel, do you mean to "score" as in get it on with one of the ladies?
The lad has alot of money so i dont think cost would be the factor and he is a beautiful, beautiful boy who is a premier league footballer so i pretty much guess they would offer it up to him for free.

Or unless you were using the other term score as in a goal in a brothel. While yes, this would seem difficult as i very much doubt these type of business's have footballs and a full size goal lying around, unless he turned up and brought his own and a samba goal.
Then obviously you would be looking at what sort of quality said people in the brothel are as a goalkeeper

Im just taking it as given that you arent using the term score as in to slice something. Otherwise that could put him in trouble and he seems like a good lad

How about....

He couldn’t hit a barn door.

The kid works hard and can do a job. Maybe just not striker right now.

I like him but giving him 9 is a bit premature unless the staff sees something else in training.

I don't care what anyone says, for some reason I really want this guy to succeed. DCL is likeable and works hard and I just wish he would score a few to get that pressure of his back, and to get some confidence. I really hope as fans we are more patient than this, and give him some more time. Not everyone matures and makes it at 22, 23, even 25, and maybe he's just a late developer. IT's ok! We need more young players coming through our ranks and we need to be a club that doesn't only buy their way to success. We can't afford it. We know this lad is into social media , we know many players are, and i think we're ok giving unconditional support - it's not gonna spoil them or make them play badly? If we just support our players without question, the manager and DoF can decide whether they're good enough!

I don't care what anyone says, for some reason I really want this guy to succeed. DCL is likeable and works hard and I just wish he would score a few to get that pressure of his back, and to get some confidence. I really hope as fans we are more patient than this, and give him some more time. Not everyone matures and makes it at 22, 23, even 25, and maybe he's just a late developer. IT's ok! We need more young players coming through our ranks and we need to be a club that doesn't only buy their way to success. We can't afford it. We know this lad is into social media , we know many players are, and i think we're ok giving unconditional support - it's not gonna spoil them or make them play badly? If we just support our players without question, the manager and DoF can decide whether they're good enough!

Might as well shut this forum down then... Imagine watching football and not having opinions on the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.