2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only play one though, and we've got 4 out and out strikers in the first team squad, plus Richarlison. Bringing in another one would seem a little bit OTT to me.
Calling DCL, Niassé and Tosun 'out and out strikers' is pushing it. All three need binning. We should have brought in two strikers.

...I’m certain the Watford CBs totally agree with you. They’d definitely prefer to be up against Tosun or Niasse this weekend.

I've tried this mate. People seem to struggle to understand the concept that there is more to a centre forwards game than goals, and that Calvert Lewin offers a lot more to his game aside from goals than Tosun/Niasse do.

I completely understand people are concerned by the lack of goals. However the failure to acknowledge the performances at the back end of last season which were a central part of a number of important wins surprises me. People have short memories and fixed opinions.

Calvert Lewin would be a handful to play against. Tosun and Niasse much less so. The problem is, in a lot of cases players become better in the minds of fans when they are out of the team.

And if he takes a long time to settle? Fact is we needed to bring in more than one striker and Brands failed to do that.

Well maybe he didn't have the funds to do that? Maybe he needs to move strikers on before he can bring others in? Maybe he feels have 3 strikers, all under 23 is enough? We have 2 strikers, who scored as many goals as any player in the league of an equivalent age last season and added a third. He probably feels that it's worth persevering with those players who are as good as anyone in their age bracket in the league.

I've tried this mate. People seem to struggle to understand the concept that there is more to a centre forwards game than goals, and that Calvert Lewin offers a lot more to his game aside from goals than Tosun/Niasse do.

I completely understand people are concerned by the lack of goals. However the failure to acknowledge the performances at the back end of last season which were a central part of a number of important wins surprises me. People have short memories and fixed opinions.

Calvert Lewin would be a handful to play against. Tosun and Niasse much less so. The problem is, in a lot of cases players become better in the minds of fans when they are out of the team.

Oh here we go. "Their tiny minds just don't get it", condescending garbage.

Have you perhaps considered that you might just be wrong?

We only play one though, and we've got 4 out and out strikers in the first team squad, plus Richarlison. Bringing in another one would seem a little bit OTT to me.

that's the problem though isn't it, we have 4 strikers, niasse and tosun are rubbish and DCL doesn't score

we should have bought in a decent experienced back up to kean in my opinion, even someone like llorente in a free would have been a better option that the others we have

Ashley Barnes is a handful. Also scores more goals than DCL as well, should we sign him? What about Troy deeney?

Not a chance any side with DCL as a striker will make the top 6.

troy deeney is a big horrid yard dog, and he's terrible

Ashley barnes has done alrite recently like but he's not gonna push us into the top 6

And if he takes a long time to settle? Fact is we needed to bring in more than one striker and Brands failed to do that.

FFS.

We now have four strikers on the books and we only play with one up front.

We`ve got two strikers in Niasse and Tosun that we need to get rid of and so far there have been no takers for them.

Yet you would have us sign a FIFTH striker and it also looks like you`re now blaming Brands for everything, where as last season everything was Silva`s fault.

There`s something very wrong with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.