2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He singled him out and on his goal said,
“That’s Dominic Calvert Lewis for you, he chases everything, he chases paper on a windy day. He deserved a goal for how he was playing”.

Utd are being linked and he says that. Very Fergie type stuff if you ask me.
"Lewin"

He singled him out and on his goal said,
“That’s Dominic Calvert Lewis for you, he chases everything, he chases paper on a windy day. He deserved a goal for how he was playing”.

Utd are being linked and he says that. Very Fergie type stuff if you ask me.

They won't be signing him

Brands took a lot of stick because he left us an experienced striker light this summer no doubt about it. He mentioned numerous times though that he didn't want anything impeding on DCL's development

Certainly looks like that strategy is paying off.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Last week I was fuming with his misses and again yesterday he possibly could have grabbed another goal, it his all round play yesterday really was fantastic.

A proper number 9 performance

Brands took a lot of stick because he left us an experienced striker light this summer no doubt about it. He mentioned numerous times though that he didn't want anything impeding on DCL's development

Certainly looks like that strategy is paying off.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Last week I was fuming with his misses and again yesterday he possibly could have grabbed another goal, it his all round play yesterday really was fantastic.

A proper number 9 performance
“I think we have a good squad and I am aware that the fans are asking if we can find a new striker who can score 20 goals,” Brands said earlier in the season.
“I think we are a very, very lucky club in England that we have three players with great potential who are just 21-years-old," he said. "We have Dominic [Calvert-Lewin], we have Richarlison and we have Ademola [Lookman].
“And if I bring in a new player, a huge striker or a name, should I destroy one of them? It is also my goal to protect those boys. Everyone agrees with me that they have great potential and a great future."
Brands - March 2019, The man knew.

Interesting that Solskjaer praised him highly after the game.
Utd will try and sign him this summer.
I noticed that too and thought exactly the same. If we are to progress we really need to hang onto our decent youngsters, despite the fact sections of our 'support' seem to hate them. Players like DCL, Davies, Holgate and (if he can mature) Pickford, need to develop to together and be given a little time and patience, they will come good and we will get the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.