2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are quoting a post from 5 months ago so yeah hello indeed as he definitely wasn't good enough back then.

He has come on loads since then and deserves the credit he is getting from people although tbh, most people cannot be assed to go browsing through 6 months worth of other members posts to try (and fail) to play oneupmanship.
Bryan'll have his work cut out if Siggy starts popping in hattricks.

I agree he doesn’t pass the eye test, but as you stated in the Moise Kean (who obviously has it) thread, what matters for a striker is goals.
He's done well in terms of goals lately. Took him some time to do that like. Other clubs would have had him down the road ages ago.

He's limited. That's my point. He'd struggle in a good Everton team.

Nowhere near the answer for us.

He's done well in terms of goals lately. Took him some time to do that like. Other clubs would have had him down the road ages ago.

We've been that starved for a decent striker in 3 years since Rom left any CF that occasionally bags is seen as Messi in the eyes of our fans especially if they are under 23 (Zataraitis).

Like been sex starved for years in the big house eventually even hairy arsed Bob starts to look attractive.

His competition in that times been tosun, a 40 year old Rooney and lord oumar lol

most of that is true apart from rooney (who ended up our top goal scorer, our fans seem to love slating our top goal scorers apparently) but ever thought maybe DCL is the reason we never bought a replacement for kak? (long tenm project like us) and had those strikers minus tosun who was brought in for goals apparently.. i always thought if DCL could add goals to his game he would be good enough to be first 11 standard. and right now he is our top goal scorer.

To me he has a lot to do. Doesn’t hold it up well and looks awkward. He scores goals though. We have an exciting few years watching him Richarlison and Kean develop.

You are quoting a post from 5 months ago so yeah hello indeed as he definitely wasn't good enough back then.

He has come on loads since then and deserves the credit he is getting from people although tbh, most people cannot be assed to go browsing through 6 months worth of other members posts to try (and fail) to play oneupmanship.
Best not vault me I've slagged them all off.

He should have burried that missed header done nothing all game scored a tap in and still managed to miss another sitter.
He isn't good enough .

most of that is true apart from rooney (who ended up our top goal scorer, our fans seem to love slating our top goal scorers apparently) but ever thought maybe DCL is the reason we never bought a replacement for kak? and had those strikers minus tosun who was brought in for goals apparently.. i always thought if DCL could add goals to his game he would be good enough to be first 11 standard. and right now he is our top goal scorer.
Joking aside I think he’s shown himself this season to be good enough to stay around as a back up/rotation, but if we’re to crack on to the next level we need a better striker

To me he has a lot to do. Doesn’t hold it up well and looks awkward. He scores goals though. We have an exciting few years watching him Richarlison and Kean develop.
...could never run the line on his own, IMO, not strong or brave enough, unlike Richarlison...who is fearless.

I saw DCL pull out of headed duels again today. He really needs to put himself about a lot more. He's a professional and he should be getting his head in on 50/50 balls, not bricking it and flinching from them.

...could never run the line on his own, IMO, not strong or brave enough, unlike Richarlison...who is fearless.

I saw DCL pull out of headed duels again today. He really needs to put himself about a lot more. He's a professional and he should be getting his head in on 50/50 balls, not bricking it and flinching from them.

I know somebody has lost when they start making things up.

He should have burried that missed header done nothing all game scored a tap in and still managed to miss another sitter.
He isn't good enough .
It;'s obvious he needs to improve 100%.

Clueless match commentators talking tripe about England places at the Euros dont help.

Status
Not open for further replies.