2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
so 5 in 5 (now 5 in 6) isn't good enough form to be Everton's main striker, no way he will keep it up, so you are right, hes not good enough to be our main striker, however 31 goals in 38 games is what 5 in 6 translates to, so saying even in that form isn't good enough is a bit daft

Next they'll be saying he's not good enough unless he scores more than 60 goals in a season. Jeez.

so 5 in 5 (now 5 in 6) isn't good enough form to be Everton's main striker, no way he will keep it up, so you are right, hes not good enough to be our main striker, however 31 goals in 38 games is what 5 in 6 translates to, so saying even in that form isn't good enough is a bit daft

what daft logic

so If a striker scores 2 in 2 ( a goal a game ) your logic is to say he should be our main striker because 2 in 2 relates to 38 in 38 over the season

if DCL keeps up this form than happy days, but it's been a month..., when he scores goals consistently over a longer period of time then we can start saying we don't need to replace him

If DCL continues his goal ratio, he ends up with 18 goals. It is the second best in our entire PL history. Of course, this is just a guess based on the current frequency. During Silva he had on average two touches inside the box, after Silva got fired he had 7 touches on average before yesterday's game. The sample size is small, but it agrees with what CS has said, he wants DCL more in the box.

If DCL continues his goal ratio, he ends up with 18 goals. It is the second best in our entire PL history. Of course, this is just a guess based on the current frequency. During Silva he had on average two touches inside the box, after Silva got fired he had 7 touches on average before yesterday's game. The sample size is small, but it agrees with what CS has said, he wants DCL more in the box.
That’s the big question, if he keeps up his ratio.

Think Carlos needs to do a lot of work on his movement and positioning.
Tbh some of the runs he's made, or hasn't made, have been clueless.

Like Moise, he's going to need time to get to the next level.
I think getting in a better 9 will produce a competitive edge between them and hopefully spur em to up their game.

Kid has been in the form of his life recently and the first time in a while that he hasn't scored people are straight on his back again. Sound.

I get what you’re saying but it was only last week that people were going on about him as if he was the new R9. People were quoting anyone that had said anything bad about him in the last few months all off the back of a few good games.

This is obviously going to provoke a reaction when he plays like he did yesterday. I think as a whole we need to give the lad a chance to prove his worth across the whole season and reassess it then. Which is probably what Ancelotti is doing, the beautiful Don.

Yes, but don't you think he deserves the chance to prove it?
Not really, but his recent half decent form since Dunc came in he may JUST deserve a run out until the end of the season (basically because i don’t think we will be in trouble. But all the games he’s played before Dunc came
in, I think he’s had more than enough chances without ever showing he’s anywhere near good enough. Put it this way we get a striker in tomorrow in not bothered if DCL is benched or sold.

what daft logic

so If a striker scores 2 in 2 ( a goal a game ) your logic is to say he should be our main striker because 2 in 2 relates to 38 in 38 over the season

if DCL keeps up this form than happy days, but it's been a month..., when he scores goals consistently over a longer period of time then we can start saying we don't need to replace him

you said his current form isn't good enough,

his current FORM is good enough, but he wont keep it up, which is why i agreed with your comment that he shouldn't be our main striker

you seem to be an expert at missing the point

you said his current form isn't good enough,

his current FORM is good enough, but he wont keep it up, which is why i agreed with your comment that he shouldn't be our main striker

you seem to be an expert at missing the point

When did I say that?

I definitely never criticised his current form

Status
Not open for further replies.