2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a game I think Vs Saints where DCL and Lukaku started upfront together, looked really dangerous for about 5 minutes until DCL went off injured - always thought from then on DCL may benefit from player up top with another striker.

That said, I rate DCL for the most part and have backed him thus far - but he really needs to take his opportunity this season if he wants to make it big time at Everton. Otherwise our transfers will surpass him.

Even then though, it's a squad game and I'm certain he's a good character and option to have around.

Here's hoping he can push on with the added competition from Kean.
I agree with all of that. I think this season is a massive one for Calvert Lewin, I rate him (to an extent) but if he isn't showing a lot more by the end of the season you'd think we'd be looking to upgrade, and that would probably mean him moving on.

I think playing up front in a 2 is a lot easier in general, because all of the burdens are shared but it's not something I can see us doing any time soon. Lukaku looked better every time we played somebody up there with him who would do some of the donkey work, even people like Kone and Valencia .

I agree with all of that. I think this season is a massive one for Calvert Lewin, I rate him (to an extent) but if he isn't showing a lot more by the end of the season you'd think we'd be looking to upgrade, and that would probably mean him moving on.

I think playing up front in a 2 is a lot easier in general, because all of the burdens are shared but it's not something I can see us doing any time soon. Lukaku looked better every time we played somebody up there with him who would do some of the donkey work, even people like Kone and Valencia .

Interesting but if DCL is one who is the other?

Start him one more time against Wolves. As in a last chance. and give him the full 90 to be sure.

And scored zero goals. Define ‘fine’.

Fine ... as in played 67 minutes and has been unlucky not to have scored 2 goals and put one on a plate for Walcott. Has goal threat , looks dangerous etc domestos has not even had a shot and hasn’t looked like a genuine threat for 3 years

Some proper cruel things being said about the lad in here. Grown men dismantling a 20 year old lad who gives his all for the shirt, whenever selected.

It's hardly HIS fault we didn't sign a senior striker to take the mantle this seaaon.

The lad certainly has much room for improvement but come on, he was absolutely brilliant when we hit our stride towards the end of the season.

I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, saying he's the answer. However, he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some are making out.

Some proper cruel things being said about the lad in here. Grown men dismantling a 20 year old lad who gives his all for the shirt, whenever selected.

It's hardly HIS fault we didn't sign a senior striker to take the mantle this seaaon.

The lad certainly has much room for improvement but come on, he was absolutely brilliant when we hit our stride towards the end of the season.

I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, saying he's the answer. However, he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some are making out.
He was very good end of last season.
This year he has gone seriously backwards , he just does not possess a strikers instinct to anticipate a ball in for him or to get in front of the defender.
Hard work can only get you so far in this league if you dont have the rest you dont make it.
And this I fear is the case for DCL.

He’s 22 not 20 and when he was “ brilliant” he still scored no goals and had about 4 shots, which were off target in about 10 games. This season he has had no shots I can think of and this was against a villa side that has lost every game but ours, a Watford side that hadn’t won and a palace side that along with villa are relagation candidates. He ran around a lot against the top teams that’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.