2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 so 19 in all. Hardly many minutes and how many of those when he came in off the bench? Still you can't be thin upfront another striker needs to be picked up to either complement Kean or spell him if injuried.
19 times at Verona last year, 12 starts, and 20 total appearances with Juventus, 3 with Everton, 3 with the full Italy team.

I think Siggurdsson has passed to him 3 times this season so far

Kind of hard to score when you're so isolated and unsupported

Few strikers have a 100% success rate in matches, usually because they get a multitude of opportunities to score

DCL might get one a game, if that

If we supply Kean the same way then don't be shocked if he gives a similar return also

Few strikers have a 100% success rate in matches, usually because they get a multitude of opportunities to score

If we supply Kean the same way then don't be shocked if he gives a similar return also

He probably needs about 8 chances to score 1? That’s the problem. His goal ratio is horrendous.

I agree Sigurdsson has been awful this season and he should be the most creative player in the team, but could it also be down to the lack of effective movement on DCL's part? Kean's movement looks good and I may be overly optimistic but I am hoping that could work well with our midfield.

I do agree though, a forward can't do everything on his own. He just misses too many chances a number 9 for a premier league team should be taking IMO.

If we play Kean then we will be able to judge whether DCL is starved of chances or whether DCL is not clever enough to create the space for chances. That is usually the sign of a good striker. Striker in created space equals easier to pick out. Don't think DCL has it in his locker.

Not particularly hard to score when somebody squares the ball to you 8 yards out with half a goal empty in front of you. He's just not a natural goalscorer, the sooner people accept that the better. All the excuses that get made for him don't help, if everybody could just accept that he's a half decent player who shouldn't be playing in League One but who also isn't going to score 20 goals a season no matter who is teeing him up, that would be great.

I agree Sigurdsson has been awful this season and he should be the most creative player in the team, but could it also be down to the lack of effective movement on DCL's part? Kean's movement looks good and I may be overly optimistic but I am hoping that could work well with our midfield.

I do agree though, a forward can't do everything on his own. He just misses too many chances a number 9 for a premier league team should be taking IMO.

DCL moves very well, he just has little to no support

So many times he'll win the ball and have absolutely nothing to do with it because no one is there

He's ludicrously isolated and I honestly think Kean is hardly going to be slotting for fun either if we keep playing the way we are

If we play Kean then we will be able to judge whether DCL is starved of chances or whether DCL is not clever enough to create the space for chances. That is usually the sign of a good striker. Striker in created space equals easier to pick out. Don't think DCL has it in his locker.

We'll see

I think Kean will run into the same issues DCL has

Anyone thinking Kean is going to start bagging loads of goals in the exact same system might be in for a bit of a shock

It won't help DCL of course, but it will be some semblance of vindication for him

To what extent might you apportion some of that blame for that on DCL?

Surely you have to be in a position to receive the ball in order to receive a pass?

With all due respect to Dom, he has all the guile and movement of a loggerhead turtle with lead boots on.

Status
Not open for further replies.