2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the other options are worse, I think that is pretty obvious.

Ahhh....all the other options are worse?.... £40m worth of expenditure. Plus the fact that richarlison as a centre forward doesn't give us the same edge.....

Yet here he is getting all sorts of insults thrown at him... a lad who cost £1m has grown his game to the level that without scoring he still gives us more than any other player in the squad.

I'm sure I've just watched Rondon give a DCL type performance..... arguably capped off with a goal but after missing a few gilt edged DCL type misses.

Yep.... I'm sure we may get a sparkling new forward.... but till we have that option to play someone better than DCL then throw him a break.

Ahhh....all the other options are worse?.... £40m worth of expenditure. Plus the fact that richarlison as a centre forward doesn't give us the same edge.....

Yet here he is getting all sorts of insults thrown at him... a lad who cost £1m has grown his game to the level that without scoring he still gives us more than any other player in the squad.

I'm sure I've just watched Rondon give a DCL type performance..... arguably capped off with a goal but after missing a few gilt edged DCL type misses.

Yep.... I'm sure we may get a sparkling new forward.... but till we have that option to play someone better than DCL then throw him a break.
Richarlisson has scored 16goals, and I don't care about other teams players and what they do or don't do.

Richarlisson has scored 16goals, and I don't care about other teams players and what they do or don't do.

Yep.... how have we done as a team with him as a centre forward????? Vs DCL

Come on.... it's not hard. You are getting there.

(Is it me or do I get the feeling some fans would rather have a striker score 20 goals than the team score more spread around)

(Is it me or do I get the feeling some fans would rather have a striker score 20 goals than the team score more spread around)

Koeman tried that.

Didn’t work.

Needs to be a mix of the two.

Look he is not going to get goals which you need to move us up,he works hard so what that goes with playing for Everton.As a centre forward he will be judged on goals.

Would take Rondon over him. In fact, if you actually sat down and bothered to look at the first choice striker of every Premier League team there's probably only 5 or 6 you wouldn't take over DCL.

The lad is honest and hard working and can keep defences occupied with his running but we'd be fools to think we go into next season with him as our first choice option.

Would take Rondon over him. In fact, if you actually sat down and bothered to look at the first choice striker of every Premier League team there's probably only 5 or 6 you wouldn't take over DCL.

The lad is honest and hard working and can keep defences occupied with his running but we'd be fools to think we go into next season with him as our first choice option.
Rondon the same guy who scored a hat trick at WBA the the goals dried up........
He has had one good season, but the crosses he gets are far better than we supply DCL with also he plays with another striker at Newcastle.......
We are not struggling to score goals ATM ......apart from the blip at Fulham we are playing top 4 football........

I wonder if Ferguson is our main striking coach.

Would he be better being coached by someone who was a poacher (not that kind of poacher) in a past life (as in someone who will make him more selfish)?

This thread has taken an interesting turn...

I dont understand the dislike for DCL.

If were on this run with him as CF then surely it works...

If we can upgrade then of course we should do so...

But why slate a player who is key to us getting good results...

Its bizarre...

But Danny who are we going to get in? bring in some competition by all means but we haven't exactly got a great track record recently of signing decent strikers, but the formula against the top sides is working at the moment, he is wreaking havoc and others are reaping the benefits to score, I really hope next year he's able extract the rise from his detractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.